Amogy is a technology startup on a mission to decarbonize transportation using ammonia as a renewable fuel. We are highly focused and substantially ambitious. By joining our team, you will be creating the first page of ammonia-driven green mobility and its economy. Be part of this exciting once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the transportation industry for a sustainable future.
We are looking for an in-house IP counsel to join our IP team. You will work with technical, business, and cross-functional teams to develop innovation and identify strategic and high-value intellectual properties. Your role will entail IP portfolio management, invention harvesting, IP training, patent drafting and prosecution, IP licensing, and supervision of outside counsel in patent applications and prosecutions in global jurisdictions. Additionally, your role will entail conducting a detailed technical landscape, competition, patentability, and freedom-to-operate analysis.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Implementing AMOGY's IP strategy, program, and policies in a cross-functional team environment
- Closely work with engineers and scientists in catalysis, fuel, combustion, chemical, mechanical, and electrical engineering
- IP portfolio management, including invention harvesting, IP training, patent drafting and prosecution, technology licensing, and supervision of outside counsel in patent application preparation and prosecution in global jurisdictions
- Carry out patentability, freedom-to-operate, landscape, and competition analysis and provide legal opinions
- J.D. from an accredited law school
- Admitted to U.S. State Bar and Patent Bar
- Technical or engineering background with an ability to understand chemical, mechanical, and electrical engineering
- 5+ years of a law firm or in-house counsel patent experience and providing legal support on intellectual property matters for both startups and corporates
- Experienced with litigation, enforcement, and risk evaluation
- Specialized in energy, oil and gas, chemical, and mechanical arts
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary and equity incentives
- Benefits include unlimited vacation, 401k matching, health coverage (medical/dental/vision), parental leave, FSA account, transit account and more