Description:This position offers the option of a hybrid work schedule, with three days working in the office and two days working remotely.
Are you an insurance attorney looking to advance your career at a stable company? Do you dream of a challenging and fulfilling legal career that also offers you the healthy work-life balance necessary to juggle the demands of your busy life? Would you like to make a direct impact on a company with your work? We are hiring an In-House Insurance Attorney to work in our corporate office.
In this position, you will monitor and provide strategic guidance, consultation, and support to the various departments of Great West Casualty Company, Joe Morten & Son, Inc., and Old Republic Insurance Group affiliates in an effort to ensure conformity with legal requirements and to facilitate communication and coordination that fosters consistent, efficient, and appropriate practices in support of overall company business objectives. You will handle multiple jurisdiction issues unique to the insurance industry and corporate governance risks in addition to staying in compliance with multiple state requirements. Part of your responsibilities will include finding trustworthy outside counsel within multiple jurisdictions and effectively working with a diverse group of supervisors/managers and employees at various locations.
- J.D. required. Must be licensed to practice law in at least one state and ability to register as an in-house counsel in the state of Nebraska.
- Minimum of five years' experience in litigation, underwriting, research, regulatory compliance, and/or administrative law. Insurance law experience preferred, including insurance regulation, litigation, or bad faith defense.
- Strong attention to detail with above-average multi-tasking skills and the ability to adapt quickly to situations that require an immediate transition.
- The ability to read and analyze a policy and apply to a fact scenario while confidently laying out your reasoning and rationale.
- Excellent communication and public speaking skills.
High-performing attorneys in our office are:
- Adaptable: We are a billion-dollar company with offices across the United States. We need someone who can quickly acclimate to and accept change in their environment as we grow.
- Courageous: We need someone who has the courage to ask the hard questions while diplomatically navigating office politics.
- Eager to learn: We expect our legal professionals to stay abreast of changes in the industry, and we financially support the pursuit of CLEs, continuing education, and industry certifications.
Who We Are:
For over 65 years, Great West Casualty Company has provided premier insurance products and services to thousands of truck drivers and trucking companies across America. We have regional offices located around the country, and nearly 1,000 professionals are proud to call us an employer of choice. We are dedicated to the success, happiness, and wellness of our employees. If you are looking for a company where your contributions are valued, your continued learning is financially supported, and customer service is a priority, we want to talk to you. Apply today and join one of America's largest insurers of trucking companies as we help keep the nation's economy moving forward one mile at a time.
Why work for us?
We offer you a challenging career with a competitive compensation and benefits package (http://www.gwccnet.com/benefits), including:
- A 37.5 hour work week.
- A formal Management Development Program.
- Paid study materials, exam fees, study day, and monetary awards for professional development.
- Paid vacation and sick leave.
- Opportunities to impact the organization through participation in committees (Green Team, Fun Committee, etc.).
- Support of a healthy lifestyle through a wellness program and gym subsidy.
This position qualifies for relocation assistance. To learn more about Great West and our office locations, please visit our website www.gwccnet.com.