Description:At The Matian Firm, we're passionate about protecting our clients' rights, and it shows in our results. We have a history of success built on lasting relationships that produce results with outstanding value for our clients. We're looking for an admitted attorney, for an extremely promising Associate Humanitarian Attorney position within a premier law firm with a lot of room for growth. This is an excellent opportunity for a dedicated Associate Attorney to gain valuable experience and further their career with an established firm in the Greater Dallas Area. As The Humanitarian Attorney, you will report to the Sr. Associate Attorney, you will also manage your caseload, as well as client interaction, and can collaborate with our wonderful Immigration Team of Attorneys and legal assistants.
- Explain immigration concepts and present strategic solutions
- Represent non-detained and detained individuals in removal proceedings the Immigration Court and Board of Immigration Appeals
- Manage workload of U-Visa cases
- Visit and conduct an intake with detained individuals at centers.
- Prepare diverse immigration applications, including U-Visa and family-based immigration petitions
- Review immigration applications/packets and make any necessary adjustments
- Present to and work with law enforcement, prosecutorial offices, and community-based organizations on changes in immigration law
- Meet with potential clients for strategic immigration consultations and determine necessary strategy
- Develop strategy and prepare clients/witnesses for court/USCIS testimony
- Provide legal analysis for clients to determine any possible case benefits
- Prepare and submitting legal briefs for a variety of immigration cases
- At least 1 to 4 years of Immigration Law Experience
- A team player who is open to helping, strategizing, and working with your fellow associates
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred, but not required
- Record of moving legal cases forward and an ability to manage a caseload
- Experience with Humanitarian applications
- Experience with Case Management Software is preferred
Pay Range: $75,000 to $125,000 annual salary
Here at the Matian Firm, we offer medical, dental, and vision insurance. We have a great compensation package including a 401(k) plan. Some perks include catered lunches, complimentary parking, paid time off, and more! Come be apart of our growing firm and its opportunities for your career development. You will learn and develop alongside a team of professionals who aim to excel in the legal industry. The Matian Firm, APC is an equal employment opportunity employer, and we welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or genetics. We are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.