Description:At Vergara Miller Law Firm, we are a new, growing, woman-owned, exciting immigration and family law firm. We provide personalized legal guidance for our clients on how to best move cases forward to reach their immigration objectives. There is plenty of room for growth, learning, and advancement here, as the law firm itself grows. We have a passion for improving our clients' lives!
We are seeking a motivated in-office immigration attorney for our Salt Lake City office.
Who You Are:
- You are organized and punctual.
- You are able to work well in a fast-paced work environment while producing high-quality work.
- You have an upbeat attitude and a desire to learn.
- You are able to follow directions and work within operational systems.
- You are willing to do several consultations a day.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) Preferred
- Must have a valid law license from any state
Task and Responsibilities:
- Supervise/Manage paralegal staff
- Prepare legal documents including briefs, pleadings, appeals, agreements, contracts, and legal memos, motions
- Prepare legal arguments, applications, declarations, and motions
- Phone and in-person meetings with clients to answer client questions
- Respond to messages the same day they are received
- USCIS, court, and anything that has to do with ICE
- Emergency motions, analyze information
- Finalize submissions materials and complete job duties as assigned
- Travel when required to be present at legal proceedings
- Excellent Customer Service
- Analytical, Critical Thinking, and Research Skills
- Planning and Organizing
- Excellent Verbal and Written Communication Skills
- Excellent Attention to Detail and Accuracy
- Flexibility and Adaptability
- Valid State Bar License