Description:About the Job:
Stevens & Lee is a full-service law firm with approximately 185 attorneys in 18 offices in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, NYC, Wilmington DE, and Boston MA. We provide services to a wide range of business clients – from lower middle-market to Fortune 500 companies – on a regional and national basis. The law firm is part of The Stevens & Lee Companies, a diversified professional services firm with synergetic lines of business, including an investment bank and other complementary financial and consulting services organizations.
We are seeking an associate with 2+ years of experience in business immigration law matters with a strong preference for candidates experienced in PERM. You will have the opportunity to work on challenging matters across the employment-based immigration spectrum and contribute to clients' immigration policies and compliance practices.
Work with firm shareholders and paralegals to:
- Prepare immigrant and non-immigrant petitions and applications (e.g., H-1B, TN, L-1, E-2, PERM, EB-1, EB-2, EB-3, etc.)
- Draft, proofread, edit, and fact-check nonimmigrant and immigrant forms and support letters
- Draft responses to Requests for Evidence (RFEs)
- Draft Public Access Files
- Organize and analyze information and files
- Communicate with clients concerning immigration strategies, gather information for petitions and applications and provide updates and status reports
- Perform legal research and other research to obtain information on various topics
- Work on a high volume of cases within tight timeframes
- Develop expert level understanding of your client base and industries that you support
- Support clients in immigration program management and compliance.
The Business Immigration Associate will be expected to grow into a leadership role within the firm's PERM practice area and also work extensively on both routine and complex nonimmigrant and immigrant visa matters, including writing-intensive filings. The successful candidate will have a foundational knowledge of business immigration and a willingness to quickly learn new case types and nuanced strategies both independently and with the guidance of senior attorney and senior paralegals.
Requirements: Qualified candidates must possess a J.D. degree, be admitted to practice by a U.S. state and in good standing and have at least 2 years of experience handling business immigration cases. In addition, qualified candidates must also demonstrate the following skills:
- Excellent organization and computer skills and knowledge of practice management and forms programs (e.g., INSZoom, Tracker, LawLogix Edge)
- Agreement and ability to work primarily in-office (Princeton, NJ or Philadelphia, PA)
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical and research skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to be objective to provide fair and rational consultation
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with competing demands
- Two years of experience in PERM, H-1B, and L-1 strongly preferred
If you are looking for immediate, hands-on experience, accelerated career opportunities and a flexible environment, Stevens & Lee could be the firm for you. We provide competitive salaries, discretionary bonuses and excellent benefits including an annual contribution of 10% of an employee's gross compensation to S&L's defined contribution profit sharing plan, vesting in three years, and 100% coverage of the health care premium for all employees.