Our goal is to provide our Clients with real solutions. Our team’s experience spans nearly all facets of law, including family law, criminal defense, business disputes, real estate, and more. We are tenacious at overcoming tough legal disputes, and we love a challenge.
Established in 2020, STEVE SMITH Trial Lawyers is one of Maine’s fastest-growing law firms. We’re expanding our practice and have an opening for a talented, full-time Family Law Attorney. Family Law Attorneys focus on issues that impact families, such as divorce proceedings, child custody, parental rights and responsibilities, child support, and adoption. Common tasks include negotiating spousal support, drafting custody agreements, and calculating child support. These attorneys play a vital role in helping people navigate some of the more poignant periods of their lives.
The ideal candidate must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong technology skills, and be highly organized and detail-oriented. This candidate should also have practiced Family Law for at least two (2) years. This Attorney will be responsible for representing clients at Court, preparing and drafting legal documents on behalf of clients, advising clients on Family Law issues, negotiating settlements, complying with all legal standards and regulations, and performing administrative and managerial functions related to the practice of law.
- Juris Doctor Degree
- 2+ years practicing Family Law
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic, aggressive, and energetic
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Excellent legal research skills and familiarity with legal documents
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to build rapport with clients
- Ability to be self-sufficient and meet deadlines
- Able to work in a team-oriented, fast-paced environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Adobe, Zoom
Job Type: Full-Time
Pay: Commensurate with ability
Benefits: Health Savings Account, Holiday Pay, Paid Time Off
NO VACCINE OR MASK REQUIREMENT
Work Location: The beautiful and historic Governor Hill Mansion in Augusta, Maine
Remote work is encouraged as appropriate *
Schedule: 8-hour shift, Monday to Friday