Description:Our Legal Team is dedicated to serving a diverse group of individuals across all 50 states and throughout the world in all areas of U.S. immigration law.
Our Long Island City office is supported by over 50 immigration professionals including Attorneys, Law Clerks, and Paralegals. A career at UBA will give you the opportunity to work with a diverse group of expert professionals who are passionate about immigration law.
Our legal team is seeking an Attorney with over 3+ years of experience in Family Immigration law.
Responsibilities of Family Immigration Attorney:
- Represent individuals at their Adjustment of Status, Stokes, and I-751 interviews
- Analyze and prepare case submissions such as U-Visas, T-Visas, Adjustment of Status, VAWA Petitions, Alien relative Petitions
- Meeting all internal / external deadlines set by set by USCIS and Immigration Court
- Review and supervise weekly/monthly paralegal task assignment
Requirements of Family Immigration Attorney:
- Candidate must have 3+ years Family Immigration experience
- Member of State Bar (NY preferred)
- Strong communication skills
- Bilingual - English + (Spanish/Urdu/Bengali)
To Apply for this Position
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and list of professional references as an attachment.
To be the Leading Advocates of our diverse immigrant communities; with passion, experience, confidence, and patience we guide and protect individuals within our family of clients
Our competitive compensation plan includes a mentoring and training program led by our Leadership Team, 401(k) profit sharing plan, PTO such as paid holidays, vacation, sick time, floating holiday, and volunteer time, CLE reimbursement, affordable health insurance options including medical, dental and vision plans, short term and long term disability insurance, life insurance, and employee assistance program.
UBA has a proven track record in creating opportunities for attorneys and legal professionals of all backgrounds, regardless of gender, race ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, or beliefs. At UBA, our goal is to attract, retain, and promote outstanding attorneys and staff who reflect the world we live in and the community that we serve.
- UBA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, religion, disability, citizenship status, national origin, pregnancy, veteran status and any other factor protected by applicable law.'
- Benefit Conditions:
- Waiting period may apply
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place