Description:Schwabe, Williamson & Wyatt is a premier Northwest regional law firm serving the needs of businesses in seven key industry sectors: Technology; Healthcare; Manufacturing, Distribution and Retail; Natural Resources; Real Estate and Construction; Transportation, Ports and Maritime; and Indian Country and Alaska Native Corporations. We have offices in Portland, Seattle, Anchorage, Vancouver, Bend, Salem, and Mountain View, California. Schwabe has a firm culture based on camaraderie, innovation, and a drive to help our clients achieve success.
Schwabe currently has an opening for a full-time lawyer to help support the firm's employment law practice. The ideal candidate will have:
- 3+ years of employment law experience and understanding of federal and state employment laws and regulations
- Superior research, analytical and legal writing skills, as demonstrated in an employment law-?related writing sample
- Litigation experience, at least as a second chair, with duties such as motion drafting, discovery, ? depositions, and oral argument
- Ability to handle with limited supervision BOLI and EEOC ?charges, investigations, and employee handbook and policy reviews
- Strong work ethic and client service acumen, excellent academic credentials and professional references, as well as solid interpersonal and communication skills
- Willingness and ability to train junior associates
- Interest in one or more of Schwabe's industry groups
- Oregon or Washington State Bar admission or eligibility for reciprocity
Experience with or interest in labor law is a huge plus, as is being licensed to practice in both Oregon and Washington States.
Schwabe, Williamson & Wyatt provides a team-oriented working environment with a competitive salary and benefits. Candidates should submit a PDF of their cover letter, resume, law school transcripts, and a writing sample and direct to Michelle Baird-Johnson, Director of Talent Acquisition & Integration. Inquiries are maintained in confidence.