EVgo is currently seeking a Director, Legal, to strengthen our fast-paced legal team. This will be a key role supporting our legal team in furthering EVgo's primary mission of building out electric vehicles and fast-charging stations. The successful candidate will develop, draft, and negotiate complex and often bespoke agreements relating to site acquisition, privacy, marketing, software/IT offerings, infrastructure and ad sales transactions working closely with EVgo's internal stakeholders and otherwise support EVgo's strategic growth initiatives. This is a great opportunity to join an innovative team and fast-track your career by joining an industry leader in an exciting and rapidly evolving growth business, critical to combatting climate change and facilitating the energy transition.
- Develop a deep and expert understanding of the company's products, services, and business model.
- Build strong relationships with internal clients.
- Develop, review, and negotiate a variety of site acquisition, privacy, marketing, software/IT offerings, infrastructure and ad sales transactions.
- Prepare, develop, and improve contract forms and templates.
- Assist with a variety of other corporate matters, including litigation, intellectual property, marketing, consumer/privacy, regulatory compliance, and corporate governance.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Juris Doctor from a nationally recognized law school; member of CA State Bar in good standing or qualified to register as CA in-house counsel.
- 5-10 years of commercial transactions, with a strong background structuring, drafting, and negotiating bespoke agreements and developing standard forms.
- Exceptional analytical skills, integrity, and judgment regarding both legal and business issues.
- Team player, responsive, collaborative, owning process, solving problems and innovation; willing to assume responsibility and make positive change.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to support a wide range of internal clients.
- Demonstrated interest in sustainability, technology and/or mobility preferred.