A primary focus of the position will be representation of the corporate marketing organization. Works closely with the marketing organization in the development of marketing campaigns, social media and website content, commercial advertisements and brand identity. Supports legal operations in the negotiation and preparation of various commercial agreements including software and technology agreements, corporate sponsorships, data analytics, and marketing research.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience
- Researches legal principles and precedents.
- Gathers relevant related information and drafts, negotiates, and prepares legal documents.
- Advises management on legal matters and ensures compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Provides work guidance to support staff in developing solutions to problems presented.
- Fields and answers questions from business units concerning legal topics related to marketing and assigned areas.
- Negotiates and drafts business agreements.
- Meets with business clients and third-parties.
- Evaluates existing policies, procedures and applicable training for the company.
- Interprets laws, rulings, and regulations for corporation.
- Coordinates and manages outside counsel.
- Keeps informed of industry-specific regulations and ensures that appropriate risk management strategies are in place.
- Works to proactively identify and address key legal issues for management.
- Prepares and presents compliance and legal briefing to management.
- Required Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Juris Doctor degree from an accredited law school
- Admission to State Bar in which Attorney practices
Required Related Work Experience and Number of Years
- 5+ years experience in general business legal issues in the cable or technology industries
- 2+ years experience with marketing related legal issues
- Corporate in-house experience
Get to Know Us Charter Communications is known in the United States by our Spectrum brands, including: Spectrum Internet®, TV, Mobile and Voice, Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach. When you join us, you're joining a strong community of more than 93,000 individuals working together to serve more than 32 million customers in 41 states and keep them connected to what matters most. Watch this video to learn more.
Who You Are Matters Here We're committed to growing a workforce that reflects our communities, and providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement. EOE, including disability/vets. Learn about our inclusive culture.