Description:Say hello to possibilities.
RingCentral is a global leader in cloud-based communications and collaboration software. We are fundamentally changing human interaction—giving people the freedom to connect powerfully and personally from anywhere, at any time, on any device.
We're a $2 billion run-rate company that's fast growing and we're expanding our Legal Team to make sure we stay ahead of the competition.
RingCentral, Inc. is seeking a Corporate Counsel, Strategic Partnerships to grow our legal team and be a part of a key cross-functional business team. This individual must be self-motivated and comfortable working in a fast-paced, sales-driven culture and will be responsible for supporting the sales team in pursuing opportunities in relation to RingCentral's strategic partnerships. This role will work closely with marketing, product, finance, sales operations, compliance, privacy, and security to support RingCentral's strategic partnerships. This is a newly created position, reporting to the AVP, Legal, Strategic Partnerships.
The individual will be required to work closely with other members of the legal department, other departments within RingCentral, as well as outside partners and attorneys to draft, review, negotiate and manage contracts. This position also requires a desire and willingness to work on multiple and varied other legal projects and issues for RingCentral, including those relating to contract execution and internal policies as well as projects to help in the overall administration of the legal function within RingCentral.
- Supporting strategic partnerships and coordinating with cross-functional internal and external teams.
- Contributing broadly to the leadership of the businesses, working effectively with senior management and creating strong trusted advisor relationships with the business leaders cross-functionally.
- Providing support on commercial sales agreements, Master Service agreements, NDAs, SOWs and other transactions as needed, including reviewing, drafting, negotiating, revising and interpreting Unified Communications as a Service agreements, cloud contact center solutions agreements, master service agreements, and consulting and professional service agreements, among others.
- Interfacing with internal Sales, Sales Operations, Services, Finance and Accounting teams in the preparation, implementation and optimization of forms, playbooks processes and procedures.
- 3-5+ years as a deal/transactional lawyer, including experience at a top law firm and /or in-house in a high-tech/cloud company.
- Direct experience in structuring, negotiating, and drafting SaaS agreements
- Experience with complex commercial and strategic agreements, including strategic partnerships, M&A and/or channel relationships.
- Confidence in dealing with other departments, outside representatives and upper management.
- Ability to effectively manage time, prioritize tasks and work within deadlines with little supervision in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, facilitating clear and open communication at all levels of the organization.
- Lead projects. Work cross-functionally. Self-driven. Team player. Intellectually curious. Results oriented and accountable to timely deliver exceptional results.
- Excellent negotiation and drafting skills.
- Strong business-judgment.
- Experience with international and/or public sector contracting a plus.
- A genuine enjoyment for providing legal support to sales teams in high-tech. Trusted advisor and valued partner to the sales organization. Can do attitude.
What we offer:
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, disability, life and pet insurance
- Flexible PTO
- 401K match and ESPP
- Wellness programs including virtual yoga, bootcamp, meditation classes and more
- Paid parental leave
- Milk Stork parental account
- New parent gift box
RingCentral's Legal Team handles issues from policies to contracts to lawsuits across every aspect of our business. The department proactively protects the company from threats, guides internal policy decisions and ensures we are always able to maintain our commitments to our customers. Your expertise in everything from contracts to lawsuits to policy will help protect the company from threats, guide internal policy decisions and drive ideas that change the way the world communicates.
RingCentral's work culture is the backbone of our success, and you'll be at the forefront of those efforts. We are recognized as a Best Place to Work by Glassdoor, the Top Work Culture by Comparably and hold local BPTW awards in every major location. Bottom line: We are committed to hiring and retaining great people because we know you power our success. RingCentral offers on-site, remote and hybrid work options optimized for the ways we work and live now.
RingCentral, Inc. (NYSE: RNG) is a leading provider of business cloud communications and contact center solutions based on its powerful Message Video Phone™??(MVP™) global platform. More flexible and cost-effective than legacy on-premises PBX and video conferencing systems that it replaces, RingCentral® empowers modern mobile and distributed workforces to communicate, collaborate, and connect via any mode, any device, and any location. RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, California, and has offices around the world.
RingCentral is an equal opportunity employer that truly values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If hired in Colorado, the range is between $130,000 to $140,000. If hired in California, the range is between $160,000 to $170,000 for full-time employees, in addition to eligibility for variable pay and benefits. The salary may vary depending on your location, skills, and experience.