Description:Ten Oaks Group is the pre-eminent family office investing exclusively in corporate carve-outs and business divestitures. We are a global investor and operator, with 24 carve-outs acquired to date across 10 countries. Our current active portfolio consists of 17 businesses.
At Ten Oaks Group, we cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and backgrounds. We believe that our diverse experiences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation, and delivers better business results.
Ten Oaks is seeking a highly driven and motivated Corporate Counsel to join our world-class team. The Corporate Counsel will support multiple businesses within the Ten Oaks portfolio and will expand to support other portfolio companies in the future as we continue to grow and exit from our investments. These businesses will include:
- Software: A SaaS website and digital marketing provider offering a customizable technology platform and modern website builder for reseller partners and SMB customers worldwide.
- Logistics: A leading provider of pool distribution and related services for retail, healthcare, parts distribution, hospitality, and other specialized industries.
- Refrigeration: A refrigeration equipment manufacturer that produces industry-leading products for the commercial foodservice, retail, and life science markets.
- Regulatory (Pending Acquisition): A regulatory testing and inspection business helping companies in the oil & gas industry maintain compliance with federal and state laws.
The Corporate Counsel will report directly to the General Counsel and will work closely with both the Assistant General Counsel and portfolio company leadership teams. This is a new position that is being created to support our continuing growth and will provide advancement opportunities for more senior legal positions within Ten Oaks Group.
- Provide rapid, practical, and business-oriented legal advice to multiple portfolio companies within Ten Oaks Group on various legal matters
- Draft, review and negotiate a variety of commercial contracts for businesses in multiple industries, including statements of work, standard terms and conditions, sourcing/procurement agreements, vendor agreements, software agreements, employment agreements, and NDAs
- Advise on legal risks and potential liabilities
- Maintain legal and regulatory compliance
- Develop, implement, and maintain standard templates, forms, and playbooks
- Assist with legal due diligence and transaction execution on new deals
- Assist with post-acquisition separation activities on closed deals
- Manage other legal matters that arise from time to time, including corporate governance, employment matters, privacy matters and litigation support
- J.D. from top-tier law school and active state bar license
- 3-5+ years of legal experience (law firm and/or in-house)
- Experience drafting, reviewing, and negotiating a variety of general commercial contracts
- Intellectual curiosity and desire to expand scope of legal expertise across multiple practice areas and industries
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize effectively to meet deadlines in a challenging and fast-paced environment
- High EQ and ability to be compatible with any working style; skilled in developing and managing relationships
- Ability to work both independently (with limited direct supervision) and as part of a team
- Experience drafting, reviewing, and negotiating technology and software contracts
- Experience with employment matters, privacy matters and/or litigation support
- Experience with compliance and/or regulatory matters
- Foreign language skills and/or international experience is a plus
This position will provide a competitive base salary (commensurate with experience) and benefits, as well as the opportunity to receive incentive equity in the portfolio companies for which this position will have primary responsibility. The role is 100% remote, with the possibility of starting immediately.