Description:Are you inspired by challenging the status quo? Do you thrive in collaborative environments that drive results? If so, Gates could be for you.
Gates is a leading manufacturer of application-specific fluid power and power transmission solutions. We push the boundaries of material science to engineer solutions that continually exceed customer expectations.
Let's simplify it, think belts and hoses. Found in motorcycles, conveyor belts, cars, tractors, blenders, vacuum cleaners, bicycles, & 3D printers just to name a few. Because why not do it all?
What to Expect:
Located in our downtown Denver office, you will be working in a large, global practice providing legal oversight and support to Gates' businesses and employees internationally. You will work in a 'generalist' in-house role with a labor & employment focus. You will be responsible for providing advice on labor & employment issues, conducting internal investigations; policy writing; assisting with the development of Gates' internal compliance programs; and supporting the management of Gates' litigation efforts.
- You will advise on daily and diverse labor & employment matters globally.
- You will be responsible for drafting, reviewing and updating employment-related documents and policies, including offer letters, employment agreements, disciplinary documentation, separation agreements, responses to demand letters, and responses to regulatory agency inquiries and investigations (EEOC, DOL, OSHA, etc.).
- You will provide support and direction to various internal functions on investigations arising from employee complaints and incidents, and the hotline.
- Provide daily legal counsel concerning employment and labor, operational, regulatory, risk and general compliance matters.
- Draft, review and update employment-related documents and policies, including offer letters, employment agreements, disciplinary documentation, separation agreements, responses to demand letters, and responses to regulatory agency inquiries and investigations (EEOC, DOL, OSHA, etc.).
- Provide support and direction to various internal functions on investigations arising from employee complaints and incidents, and the hotline.
- Prepare and deliver country and enterprise-specific training on relevant and topical issues.
- Manage personal injury, contract dispute, employment and labor, and other types of litigation worldwide.
- Respond to discovery requests.
- Implement and manage legal holds.
- Draft, review, and update compliance and risk management-related policies and processes.
- Support M&A team on transactional documentation and due diligence.
- 5 - 10 years' of experience, preferably with both law firm and in house work experience.
- Bilingual with proficiency in English and Spanish languages.
- Good standing in a state Bar, preferably Colorado.
- Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must possess a willingness to learn and understand operational, financial and technical matters.
- Working knowledge and understanding of federal, state, and local labor & employment laws as well as related administrative processes.
- Ability to provide sound timely and responsive sound legal advice and risk analysis
- Working knowledge and understanding of ethics and compliance best practices.
- Proven ability to spot issues, research, investigate, and use independent judgment to solve problems.
- Proven ability to be flexible and work well independently in a fast-paced environment. while managing multiple, competing priorities and maintaining a strong focus on detail.
- Experience with project implementation and development of policies and procedures.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to communicate well within all levels of the organization and with external clients.
- Must possess the self-confidence to make decisions and follow them through with peers and management.
- Must have the initiative to anticipate needs, identify process improvements and provide solutions.
- Ability to investigate and analyze large sets of data and to draw conclusions
- Minimal travel is required for this role.
- Excited to work in the office with great teammates
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.