Description:Why join us:
At TikTok, our people are humble, intelligent, compassionate and creative. We create to inspire - for you, for us, and for more than 1 billion users on our platform. We lead with curiosity and aim for the highest, never shying away from taking calculated risks and embracing ambiguity as it comes. Here, the opportunities are limitless for those who dare to pursue bold ideas that exist just beyond the boundary of possibility. Join us and make impact happen with a career at TikTok.
About the Team:
Our legal team provides key support for all TikTok's innovative initiatives, state-of-the-art products, and integrated platforms servicing our global video market. We help our technological and business teams enable their vision by providing integrated legal guidance and support. The TikTok team is growing fast and is seeking highly experienced, bright and capable legal professionals to join the team. One of the critical challenges is the need for our team to provide exceptional legal support for compliance matters involving TikTok. The following describes the responsibilities and requirements for the role.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on legal compliance matters, providing sound legal advice and operational compliance support
- Lead TikTok's investigations program by supporting the resolution of legal and compliance matters consistent with applicable law, regulation, and company policy
- Conduct internal investigations, develop and implement investigative work plans, and work with business leaders to discuss findings
- Report and escalate potential compliance issues for investigations
- Assist with metrics reporting, trend analysis and other investigation learnings to support effective compliance risk reporting and management
- Develop and implement internal policies, procedures, and controls related to compliance
- Support other legal compliance team responsibilities, including third-party risk management, export controls and sanctions compliance, AML compliance, and data security and privacy compliance
- Work closely with company leaders in other disciplines, including HR, internal audit, and security functions
- Bachelor's degree plus a Juris Doctorate from an ABA-accredited law school
- Minimum of 8 years of in-house legal compliance experience with a heavy investigations focus
- Demonstrated experience in working with legal, finance, HR, security, internal audit, and ethics teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong policy, procedure, controls, and reporting experience
- Knowledgeable about general compliance domains including third-party due diligence, AML/export controls/sanctions, and data privacy and security
- Demonstrated judgment, personal integrity and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and on multiple threads at once, including large scale initiatives across many teams
- Ability to be comfortable leading complex projects across new and evolving stakeholder groups with excellent attention to detail skills
- Excellent organization, collaboration, problem solving, and communication skills
- Curious, positive, "can do" attitude
TikTok is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Our platform connects people from across the globe and so does our workplace. At TikTok, our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. To achieve that goal, we are committed to celebrating our diverse voices and to creating an environment that reflects the many communities we reach. We are passionate about this and hope you are too.