Description:McGlinchey Stafford is a full-service business law firm with a nationwide presence in commercial and financial services litigation. Our multidisciplinary team seeks a commercial litigator with 2 to 6 years of experience to join our New York City office. A top candidate will have litigation experience, preferably experience in commercial litigation and/or financial services litigation. In this role, you will assist our team in representing clients in commercial litigation, specifically working with financial institution clients and representing them in state, federal, and appellate actions. This is an excellent opportunity for newer attorneys with an interest in litigation who are looking to develop their skills while receiving training and mentorship from partners with deep experience in this practice area. Flexible schedules are available. While we encourage our attorneys to have a regular presence in the office to promote collegiality and our firm culture, our remote work policy provides for some remote work options. Candidates must be licensed in New York and that license must be active and in good standing.
Requirements of the position:
- 2 to 6 years of litigation experience;
- A current license to practice law in the state of New York is required, must be active and in good standing;
- Experience drafting complaints, answers, motions, and other pleadings;
- Experience participating in the development of a strategy for written and deposition discovery;
- To distill research into meaningful and persuasive written work product and to work meticulously to ensure the quality of work product; and
- Federal court experience is a plus.
Ideal candidates will also have:
- A team mindset while assisting with preparation for trials and evidentiary hearings;
- Confidence in serving as a representative of clients and our firm while meeting and conferring with opposing counsel;
- Excellent research and analytical skills as well as clear and concise verbal and written communication skills; and
- A demonstrated dedication to client service.
All submissions will be held in strict confidence.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience; full benefits included. Salary range is 120-160k.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please apply for this position via our Careers page: https://www.mcglinchey.com/careers