Aero Law Group PC (ALG) provides the highest quality transactional legal services to airlines and aircraft owners and operators – worldwide. Based in Bellevue, Washington, our firm represents over 1,000 clients on six continents, including established and emerging commercial airlines, and the most valuable companies and wealthiest families in the world. Our practice consists of domestic and international transactions involving the sale, lease, exchange, financing and structuring of commercial and business aircraft. Founded in 2000, our attorneys currently practice solely in the areas of aviation transactional and tax law. As a team, we have negotiated the purchase, sale and delivery of over 3,500 aircraft.
About the Position
ALG is looking for a dedicated, quick-learning attorney who is an aviation enthusiast and interested in a long-term position with the possibility of equity ownership in the firm. This attorney will be responsible for negotiating the purchase and sale of private aircraft and fractional program interests and advising clients on the legal issues involved with regulatory compliance and structuring for federal and state tax planning. We offer a family-friendly, casual environment with a pleasant office space and a view. Competitive salary commensurate with experience, qualifications, and relevant education. The ideal candidate will join a team that is committed to providing the highest quality service to clients and industry colleagues. This is not a remote position, and involves full-time, in-person presence in Bellevue, Washington, near Seattle.
- JD from an accredited law school
- Admitted to practice law in at least one state, with the ability to waive into Washington
- Three or more years’ experience in aviation transactions preferred
- Dependable, good-natured team player with the ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Relevant work experience at a law firm, airline, aircraft or engine manufacturer, bank or aircraft leasing company
- The desire and ability to develop and manage new clients and professional relationships
- Excellent written and analytical skills and a strong attention to detail are required
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows environment including PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel and Word, also Adobe Acrobat
- Light travel (possible international) is required
- A background in aviation, such as training or certification as a pilot or aviation mechanic is a plus
- LLM in Taxation is a plus
- Travel opportunities, including closings at various location within the U.S.
- Networking events, i.e. NBAA Tax Conferences, multiple annual golf events, International Aviation Conferences
- Generous PTO plan
- 100% employer paid M/D/V and long-term disability
- 401(k) with matching contributions
- Paid parking
- Daily lunches in the office and a stocked kitchen
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities
- Relocation package negotiable
Please note that any offers of employment made will be subject to background check.
To learn more about ALG, please visit our website at www.law.aero.
Aero Law Group PC is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion; national origin; sex (including pregnancy); age; disability, genetic information, citizenship status, military service obligations, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.