The successful candidate will be a third to fifth year attorney, who demonstrates a passion for serving the public interest by advocating on behalf of our clients. Hardworking, dedicated, discovery driven are all key factors in success at our Firm. Strong communications skills and a can-do attitude for all of our personnel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.:
- Conduct more specialized research in the discovery phase of all proceedings
- Provide support to basic and intermediate legal proceedings, such as depositions, basic motion hearings, etc.
- Provide litigation support in trials, appearances at motions, depositions, and some hearings are likely
- Collaborate with colleagues to implement policies and develop improvements
- Provide legal support for the coordination of inter- and intradepartmental operations
- Resolve issues that may arise in a timely manner
- Assume responsibility for timely reporting
- Assist in other tasks as assigned by the Managing Partner.
Qualities/Skills needed to successfully perform job duties and responsibilities.
- Minimum J.D., and California Bar license, and between 3-5 years of Associate Attorney experience OR Equivalent combination of education and experience
- Demonstratable strength in client communication
- Proficient in MS Office and the use of Attorney timekeeping programs, as well as Client file management
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills; both written and verbal
- Ability in decision-making and problem-solving
- Bilingual Spanish is preferred
- Excellent organizational and leaderships skills
- Operate standard office equipment.
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to general office conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
HMO/PPO Medical Plans
- PPO Dental
- Vision Insurance
- Short-Term Disability & Long-Term Disability plans
- Basic Life Insurance
- 401(k) plan with contributions up to 10%
- 529 Plan
- Pet Insurance
- Extended and comprehensive training
- A fun company culture with an emphasis on teamwork
Knight Law Group, LLP is committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
Knight Law Group, LLP will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $150,000.00 - $180,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Bar (Required)
Work Location: In person