The successful candidate will be a first or second year attorney, who demonstrates a passion for serving the public interest by advocating on behalf of our clients. Hardworking, dedicated, discovery driven are all key factors in success at our Firm. Strong communications skills and a can-do attitude for all of our personnel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.:
- Conduct research through various means to identify key litigation points in the development of our cases
- Draft basic motions to be reviewed by senior attorney in the prosecution of our cases
- Some appearances at basic hearings over time and to be accompanied by more senior attorneys
- Collaborate with colleagues to recommend improvements in case management
- Resolve issues that may arise in a timely manner
- Assume responsibility for timely reporting
- Assist in other tasks as assigned by the Partner.
Qualities/Skills - needed to successfully perform job duties and responsibilities.
- Minimum J.D., and California Bar license, and up to 1-year of Associate Attorney experience OR Equivalent combination of education and experience
- Solid understanding of Firm client communication functions, including intake and file completion activities
- Bilingual Spanish is preferred
- Proficient in MS Office and databases
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills; both written and verbal
- Ability in decision-making and problem-solving
- Excellent organizational and leaderships skills
- Operate standard office equipment
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to general office conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
- Attractive and competitive compensation package, including:
- HMO/PPO Medical Plans
- PPO Dental
- Vision Insurance
- STD & LTD plans
- Basic Life Insurance
- 401(k) plan with contributions up to 10%
- 529 Plan
- Pet Insurance
- Extended and comprehensive training
- Fun company culture with an emphasis on teamwork
Knight Law Group, LLP is committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
Knight Law Group, LLP will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $120,000.00 - $150,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
8 hour shift
- Bar (Required)
Work Location: In person