Boyd & Jenerette, P.A., is seeking an associate attorney with two to three years of experience in insurance defense. Applicants must be self-motivated, independent, and organized.
This opportunity requires a concentration in at least one of the following areas: auto, property, homeowners, premises liability, products liability, or trucking.
This is a remote opportunity for Panama City / Pensacola area residents.
In the event a case goes to trial, it is expected that you will be available in-person, to support trial preparation.
This opportunity is eligible for a sign-on bonus.
- Meet with clients to prepare discovery responses
- Prepare for and attend trials
- Take depositions of plaintiffs, witnesses, and experts
- Attend mediations
- Motion practice
- Analyze facts of the case and propose a defense strategy
- Report to clients and comply with all relevant guidelines
- Excellent communication abilities both written and verbal
- Desire to work in a collaborative environment
- Superior attention to detail
- Must possess great time management skills
- Team-oriented spirit
- 1-3 years of experience in an insurance defense firm / personal injury
- Florida Bar admission
- Strong, relevant, verifiable experience
The firm offers a generous benefits package along with compensation based on experience level and client orientation.
- Medical – 2 different medical plan options
- Dental – 2 different dental plan options
- Vision insurance plan
- All of the above section 125, pre-tax
- Life insurance – $25k paid by the firm
- Additional coverage as a supplemental purchase by the employee
- Short term disability – optional coverage
- Long term disability – provided by the firm
- 401k profit sharing
- Parking reimbursement for downtown Jacksonville
- We have a social, charity, and wellness committee for our employees
- Very employee-centric firm!
- Membership payments for
- Jacksonville Bar Association
- Florida Bar Association
- Other relevant memberships