Bankruptcy is a fascinating area of law. Debtor-side bankruptcy law is an easy, rewarding, and low-stress job, for several reasons:
- You get to help real people with real problems, namely to get rid of their debt. They’re very appreciative of the legal help!
- There’s virtually no litigation or contested matters. Cases sail right through the court. When the workday is over, you can just go home and not think about work.
- Bankruptcy law is highly codified. Once you learn the rules and the statutes, you simply apply them to every client’s unique financial situation. It’s all very interesting.
- It’s fast-paced. Most client interaction is done in a 6- to 8-week period. With a few phone calls and emails and a Zoom meeting, that’s it – you never interact with that client again.
Atkinson Law is one of the top bankruptcy law firms in Las Vegas. We run a highly automated office, so paperwork is kept to minimum. Using the firm’s proprietary DebtBlasters™ app/website, clients fill out their paperwork electronically and their information is transmitted to our office for processing. There is no need to physically go to court during any part of the process. We have a fun, efficient, and professional office.
Activities and Responsibilities:
- Interact with new and existing clients; complete the paperwork, and file their case
- Manage paralegal paperwork processing (client documents, etc.)
- Attend Section 341 trustee meetings (held via Zoom or phone)
This can be either a part-time or full-time position, between 4 to 8 hours per day, depending on your needs. If part-time, we prefer that you have a specific regular schedule each day.
Compensation TBD, based on your experience and qualifications.