Booking Holdings (NASDAQ: BKNG) is the world leader in online travel and related services, provided to customers and partners in over 220 countries and territories through six primary consumer-facing brands – Booking.com, KAYAK, priceline, agoda.com, Rentalcars.com, and OpenTable. The mission of Booking Holdings is to make it easier for everyone to experience the world.
The Booking Holdings (BHI) Global Privacy Team is seeks a privacy and data protection counsel to join our team. In this role, you will provide data protection and privacy subject matter expertise and advice to BHI’s corporate functions and work with our Brand privacy teams around the world.
This role reports directly to BHI’s Global Senior Privacy Counsel and works cross-functionally with multiple stakeholders in the US and around the world to tackle some of the most complex, interesting, and cutting-edge issues in privacy. We are looking for a highly motivated, experienced, and bright legal professional to join our exciting team. A successful candidate will be a team player, self-starter, flexible, comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, and willing to work collaboratively to meet company-wide goals.
Associate Privacy Counsel, your responsibilities will include:
- Written Procedure/Policies: Draft and implement policies and procedures and detect opportunities for developing granular documents to provide guidance to support business objectives in regard to privacy risk management.
- Contracts Advisory Support, Risk Assessments, and Counsel: Administer Data Protection Impact Assessments and Privacy Impact Assessments; provide advisory counsel and/or draft appropriate privacy contract templates.
- Regulatory Change Management: Work closely with our Privacy Support Teams in Bangkok and Bucharest to track, plan for, and align with global laws impacting BHI and our brands.
- Training & Awareness: assist with privacy training requirements and awareness campaigns as needed, including communications, content development, and completion oversight.
- Privacy Program Projects: Support high-impact projects involving privacy analysis and compliance with stakeholders across the business.
- Incident Management: support privacy incidents and personal data breach response activities, including incident intake, assessments, documentation, and escalations.
- Privacy Program Support and Risk Assessment: Conduct privacy reviews of new and innovative processes, tools, and technologies
- J.D. degree and membership in at least one state bar.
- At least 3+ years of relevant privacy experience, including prior in-house, government, or law firm experience
- Strong knowledge of US and Americas privacy regulations and experience with global privacy regulations
- In-depth experience conducting DPIAs and PIAs, privacy regulations, contracts, and compliance issues, including negotiating privacy and data protection contract clauses
- Experience with data transfer impact assessments a plus
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Critical thinking skills, attention to detail, and resourcefulness
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills and dedication to integrity; adept at prioritizing work and providing advice under deadlines; program and business-minded, with a focus on business enablement; and experienced in translating complex policies and laws into practical business controls.
- In-depth experience working collaboratively and successfully with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to think creatively to resolve issues
- Strategic problem solver with excellent legal and business judgment; ability to be business pragmatic
- Highly motivated with an ability to achieve both open-ended challenges and strictly defined tasks, while being team-oriented with a proven ability to work with diverse stakeholders and have a great sense of humor
- IAPP certification(s): CIPP, CIPM, and CIPT are strongly preferred
- OneTrust experience is strongly preferred
Booking Holdings is the world leader in online travel & related services. Our teams work around the clock to build and improve the technology that empowers people to travel across borders more freely, time zones, languages, and cultures. At Booking Holdings, we make it easier for everyone to experience the world every day through seamless technology powered by our six major brands:
We help our customers reach all corners of the earth through the Booking Holdings brands. Our ability to provide great service rests on how well we understand our diverse customer base, which is why having a diverse team is so important to us. We bring together employees from all walks of life and we are proud to provide the kind of inclusive environment that stimulates innovation, creativity, and collaboration.
There are a variety of factors that go into determining a salary range, including but not limited to external market benchmark data, geographic location, and years of experience sought/required. In addition to a competitive base salary, roles are eligible to be considered for an annual bonus and equity grant.
The base salary range for Connecticut and the NYC metro area is $141,300-$172,700.
Booking Holdings is an equal opportunity employer in accordance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws. We ensure equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without discrimination or harassment based on race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
Booking Holdings also extends this policy to every phase of the employment process including, but not limited to, recruitment, selection, placement, transfer, training and development, position elimination, restructure, promotion, compensation, benefits, layoffs, termination, and all other conditions or privileges of employment. Booking Holdings and its Affiliated Companies are Equal Employment Opportunity employers and welcome all job seekers including individuals with disabilities and veterans with disabilities. If you have a disability and believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or apply for a position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your request. M/F/V/D/S
#Westbury #Melville #Commack #Hauppauge #Boston #Albany #Philadelphia #NewBrunswick #Newark #Hartford #NYC #WhitePlains #Providence #Trenton