Description:About the Job:
Maron Marvel's devoted attorneys and staff work in synchrony to climb higher, smarter, and faster to elevate national litigation risk management. Our lawyers are focused on winning by being fearless, loyal, efficient, and steadfast. We are equally committed to making the world and legal profession better through dedicated DEI, community service, and attorney development work.
From the start, Maron Marvel attorneys had a passion for superior work product, a distinctive culture rooted in mass tort litigation, and an obsession with exceptional client service. Today, with over 100 attorneys in 12 offices in 10 states, Maron Marvel is best-in-show in national litigation risk management and mass tort defense. The firm serves as national, regional, and trial counsel to Fortune 500 companies with multiple operations located in the most dangerous plaintiff jurisdictions in the country. Maron Marvel's clients come from the energy, construction, manufacturing, technology, transportation, insurance, and liability-related industries. In addition to mass toxic torts, the firm also offers legal services concerning commercial disputes and liability-related defense.
Maron Marvel has an immediate opening for an Associate Attorney to join its Charleston office. We are seeking an experienced (5-7 years) civil litigator for our Mass & Toxic Tort and General Liability & Casualty Defense Practice Groups. Successful candidates will have exceptional research, writing, and litigation skills.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Proactive case management from start to finish in both state and federal courts
- Drafting of pleadings, written discovery, motions, and research therefore
- Frequent client communications and reporting
- Comprehensive legal analysis, case evaluations, and strategy recommendations
- Expert witness coordination and collaboration
- Deposition, court hearing, and mediation attendance
- Trial preparation and attendance
- J.D. degree from an accredited law school
- Licensed to practice in South Carolina.
- 5-7 years litigation experience in both state and federal courts
- Demonstrated ability and desire to manage caseload proactively from start to finish
- Strong work ethic, ability to self-manage and work in a team environment
- Strongresearch ability and written and oral communication skills
- Strong organization and problem-solving skills
- Desire to deliver exceptional client service and contribute to continued client development