Who we are: BAL is a team of brilliant people who change lives through elite immigration work and collaborative innovation. We pursue the exceptional in all that we do, but never at the expense of our values. There's no denying our work is demanding, both in volume and pace, but we're up for the challenge. We love the balance of hard work and fun – so, you'll see us in jeans as we shatter glass ceilings and conventional stereotypes. BAL employees feel valued, rewarded, and respected. We seek opportunities to be of service to others and our communities. We are committed to your growth and development, and want to set you up for success here at BAL and beyond.
Who you are: You are looking for work that has purpose. You aren't afraid to roll up your sleeves and get stuff done. You learn quickly. You move fast. You embrace challenge and detail as well as creative thinking. You believe you have something unique to contribute and you aren't afraid to raise your hand. You understand that powering human achievement is ultimately about impacting a real person. You are looking for a place to grow and an environment where everyone has a spot and is genuinely welcome.
We're better together: A bright, driven person like you and an industry-leading powerhouse like BAL? It's a perfect combination! We truly want to see you succeed here and become an integral part of our mission to provide an experience that makes a positive difference in people's lives. Come be a part of something special, where you can have an impact and be valued just for being you!
Our dedicated professionals share core values that support our mission to be the world's most trusted resource for corporate immigration services. These values enable us to navigate every step of the immigration process and rapidly resolve even the most complex cases. The collegial environment is one that we cherish and work hard to maintain. To do that, we look for bright talent to deepen our experience and continue to deliver the exceptional service that our clients have come to expect. You too can join our mission!
Reporting to a Partner or Senior Associate, Associate Attorneys are responsible for managing Immigration Assistants and Paralegals in the filing of assigned immigration case work.
- Represent clients in all aspects of business immigration law.
- Maintain a high-level of communication with all clients.
- Oversee and manage a team of legal assistants in case preparation work.
- Assign and prioritize case work and projects as needed.
- Train or retrain Immigration Assistants and Paralegals.
- Establish and maintain case work quality and consistency throughout the office.
- Liaise with other attorneys in the firm and share all information regarding case preparation.
- Maintain accuracy to high volume, rapid turnover caseload.
- Participate in other office projects as assigned.
- Correspond with the client and the individual employee during the intake process.
- Assist clients/employees with technical issues in completing the questionnaires and submitting documents.
- Guide clients and employees through the intake process, enlisting client services as needed.
Minimum Education Level:
- J.D. degree and must have passed a state bar examination.
Typically at least 1+ year(s) as a practicing corporate immigration attorney
Skills and Abilities:
- Must have excellent English writing and oral communication skills. Secondary language skills are a plus.
- Excellent organization and computer skills required.