Description:Chartwell Law, a rapidly growing civil litigation law firm, with more than 200 attorneys across 29 offices from coast to coast, is currently recruiting motivated professionals with exceptional talent and promise to join our nationally ranked firm. With a culture built on collaboration and teamwork, we reward skill and initiative with new opportunities and dynamic challenges. Chartwell Law fosters a supportive and inclusive work environment that provides our attorneys and staff with the resources they need to succeed.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes healthcare and retirement benefits, an engaging employee wellness program, mentoring program, and a charitable matching program. We are proud to provide a professional and welcoming firm community where everyone can openly contribute unique experiences and celebrate the differences that make us Chartwell Law. If you are ready to work at a firm that values your contributions and encourages your growth and success, submit your resume and cover letter today to be considered for this exciting opportunity!
Chartwell Law does not accept candidate submissions from outside agencies without prior approval and a signed agreement. In addition, we do not accept unsolicited candidates from outside agencies via our internal email system. If an outside agency fails to adhere to these procedures and/or the terms under a signed contract, Chartwell Law will not consider any submissions constituting a formal submission nor will any such submission bind Chartwell Law in any way. Outside agencies that would like to discuss a potential candidate and/or enter into an agreement with Chartwell Law, must first contact us at Recruiting@ChartwellLaw.com.
Chartwell Law has an opening for an experienced Associate for our General Liability practice group, located in our Miami, FL office. This is a remote optional position. Candidates should have demonstrated experience in relevant practice field. Experience in additional practice areas is a plus. Successful applicants will have exceptional writing, research, and litigation skills. They are proactive and highly driven individuals.
Primary duties include:
- File review and legal analysis of claims and causes of action
- Extensive legal research and drafting of substantial briefs, memos, pleadings, and appellate briefs
- Regularly representing clients in court, at arbitrations and in depositions
- Drafting and responding to discovery request
- Expert witness retention and collaboration
- Trial preparation and attendance
- Some travel may be required
- 4+ years' experience in General Liability, experience in other practice areas a plus
- J.D. degree from an ABA-approved law school
- Admitted to practice in the State of Florida, other states a plus
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- Solid research abilities and written and oral communication skills
- Strong work ethic, ability to self-manage and work in a team environment.
- Must respond promptly to e-mail and phone inquiries
- Excellent client skills and telephone manner
- Innovative financial incentive bonus program that rewards entrepreneurial initiative
- Proactive support and training for marketing objectives
- Excellent Benefits including 401k match
- Exceptional growth and advancement opportunities
Applicants should submit a Resume, Writing Sample and Salary Requirements for full consideration. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
$80,000 - $130,000