Description:About the Job:
This is not a remote position. Candidates must be able to work in-person in our Charlotte office.
Commercial Credit Group Inc (CCG) is an independent national commercial equipment finance and leasing company focused on purchase money and refinance transactions in the construction, fleet transportation, waste/environmental and machine tool industries. We source our transactions through end-users, equipment vendors and manufacturers. Our typical transaction size ranges from $100,000 to $2,500,000. We employ a traditional self-originate and hold business model. Since inception in 2004, CCG has originated over $3 billion of finance receivables.
CCG has an Associate Corporate Counsel position available in the Charlotte, NC office. This position has visibility and interaction with senior management and offers career advancement.
- Working with business leaders and corporate staff to articulate risks and benefits of legal strategy
- Developing strategies for, managing, and resolving a wide variety of investigations, litigation and pre-litigation disputes
- Providing strategic litigation advice to the business
- Helping lines of business develop and implement processes, procedures, and systems to promote risk avoidance and prevent litigation
- Coordinating with outside counsel to assure they represent the company's best interest
- Work closely with other departments within the company on various issues.
- Must be licensed in North Carolina
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- 3+ years of litigation experience.
- Experience in Bankruptcy and Replevins a plus.