Description:The Associate Attorney role is responsible for all aspects of assigned client matters, including case research, client relationship management, diligent counsel, intra-firm coordination, and case outcomes. Reporting to the Senior Counsel and in conjunction with the Partner, the Associate Attorney will take a focused approach in delivering high-quality client service via effective case management and high-value legal counsel within their area of specialty and legal practice. While living Lagerlof's core values of “Integrity, Hard Work, Excellence, and Team,” the Associate Attorney will act as a key player in ensuring a branded client experience via effective case management.
- Ensure high quality counsel and legal advice to all assigned clients, prospects, 3rd party partners, and affiliates.
- Perform legal research, and prepare legal memoranda in order to effectively advise clients on a range of topics and areas of focus within the scope of the firm's Public Agency practice area.
- Maintain updated knowledge, and continued learning in general legal subjects, with emphasis in public agency law.
- Ensure thorough execution of drafting and reviewing documents as it pertains to assigned cases and projects.
- Maintain effective coordination with opposing counsel and other involved parties as needed.
- Conduct all matters in an ethical fashion in accordance with the law and in the interest of the client.
- Demonstrate Lagerlof's core values of “Integrity, Hard Work, Excellence, and Team” and participate in cross-departmental and organizational planning and volunteer efforts as needed.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in law practice.
- Juris Doctorate and California Bar Accreditation required. Bachelor's Degree required; related to law, business administration, or relevant field(s).
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and manage other team members, delegate effectively, problem-solve, prioritize work, manage time, and organize tasks effectively.
- Proficient communication skills (written and verbal) with ability to effectively research, read, interpret, and organize information with accuracy and consistency.
- Ability to maintain remain focused and professional in high-tense situations (e.g., communicating with highly stressed clients throughout difficult cases).
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with all organizational levels within a diverse and fast paced environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Microsoft Teams) and Adobe Acrobat.
Working Conditions, Hours of Work, and Travel:
This role operates in a professional office environment with use of standard office equipment (e.g., computers, phones, filing cabinets). All employees are expected to perform duties that regularly require them to speak, hear, stand, walk, use hands, sit for long periods of time, focus on a computer screen for multiple hours at a time, carry up to 30 pounds, and other reasonable functions. This is a full-time position with standard hours of work being Monday through Friday, 8:00AM to 5:00PM with occasional evening and weekend work required as job duties demand. Travel to/from company offices is expected during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.