Waddell Serafino Geary Rechner Jenevein, PC, is seeking an associate attorney to join the firm in its Dallas office to work on personal injury cases relating to oilfield and construction accidents and construction defects. The ideal candidate will have 3 to 5 years' experience working on similar matters.
The associate attorney provides legal work and collaborates with other attorneys, paralegals, and legal assistants on civil litigation matters. The job responsibilities may include, among others, managing a docket of litigation files, which may include drafting motions, pleadings, memoranda and briefs, discovery demands and responses, conducting legal research, preparing for and attending depositions, hearings, trials, and communicating with courts and opposing parties.
- Handle all aspects of litigating oilfield and construction personal injury and construction defect cases, including written discovery, depositions, hearings, and trial
- Prepare legal briefs, pleadings, appeals, status reports, and any other necessary legal documentation
- Research and analyze legal sources such as statutes, recorded judicial decisions, legal articles, constitutions, and legal codes
- Formulate legal strategy and manage active docket
- Appear in court for hearings and trials
- Work closely with other attorneys and team members on legal matters
- Communicate with clients and provide status reports
- JD degree from an accredited law school
- Licensed and in good standing to practice law in Texas
- 3 to 5 years of prior experience practicing law preferred, although candidates with less experience may be considered
- Previous work experience on civil litigation matters with focus on personal injury defense required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and experience in handling a large volume of cases in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage a caseload independently and responsibly
- Some travel may be required
Physical Demands and Working Environment:
Work is performed in an office environment and involves everyday risks or discomforts, requiring normal safety precautions when performing work. Work requires frequent walking, standing, bending, and carrying items up to 25 pounds. Regular, predictable, and punctual attendance is required for performance of duties, as well as extended and unscheduled work hours to meet caseload demand.
In addition to a competitive salary and discretionary bonus, the firm offers a full complement of benefits for full-time employees, including health, dental and vision insurance, HRA, HSA with employer contribution, tele-health and patient advocacy service, FSA, immediately available paid time off, paid garage parking or DART pass reimbursement, 401k with employer match, STD, LTD, AD&D, and life insurance.