- WA State Bar Number (Required)
- Workers Comp experience a plus!
- Ability to commute
Competitive salary ($90,000.00+ DOE) and significant bonus based on experience and performance, plus generous benefits.
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
Full Job Description:
The Law Office of Dale Wagner, P.S. is looking for an experienced attorney to join our thriving workers' compensation practice in Stanwood, WA. This position is responsible for helping injured clients navigate through the workers' compensation system in Washington State. This includes meeting with actual and potential clients, evaluating evidence, drafting pleadings, interviewing witnesses, drafting discovery responses, conducting depositions and hearings, communicating with medical providers, and writing letters on behalf of clients.
The ideal candidate would have:
- Two or more years of civil litigation experience, firm knowledge of the civil rules and rules of evidence
- Familiarity with practicing in Washington State
- Experience with motion practice, discovery (written and depositions), and alternate dispute resolution. Trial experience is a plus. The successful candidate will have responsibility from day one and the opportunity to handle matters from inception to the end with support along the way
- Proactive, solution-oriented, and strong critical thinking. A personal investment in solving client problems and seeing matters through to completion is key
- Concise and accurate verbal and written communication with skilled drafting of pleadings, documents, and correspondence
- Strong case/file management (paper/electronic), computer, and research skills with knowledge of common law office software
- Flexibility and a willingness to learn and help where needed, reliability, and the ability to multi-task, prioritize, stay organized, and be detail-oriented
- Adaptability to fluctuating situations and the ability to work well both with others and independently
- A team player that possesses a professional demeanor in fast-paced situations, operating always with respect, integrity, and appreciation of clients and team members