Description:The Law Office of Andrew K. Nietor is an immigration and criminal defense practice in San Diego. Our primary focus is on removal work, including detained respondents. We pride ourselves on zealous representation of our clients, and aggressive litigation. We also do some family-based immigration work and other affirmative applications such as naturalization, adjustment of status, motions to reopen, and work authorization. Our attorneys work on appeals, including before the Board of Immigration Appeals, the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, and other circuit courts. On the criminal defense side, Andrew Nietor is a member of the CJA panel for the federal court in San Diego, and accepts appointments of federal criminal cases for the Southern District of California.
The attorneys in our office are dedicated to the work and to our clients, and part of the office culture is one of community involvement and advocacy. Our office, and our staff, are involved in various public service activities and professional organizations.
The Associate Attorney will work under the direct supervision of founding attorney Andrew Nietor and in collaboration with fellow staff members. This is a rewarding and exciting position where you will be engaged in cutting edge immigration and criminal defense litigation.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide zealous and creative representation to clients before the Immigration Courts, United States Citizenship and Immigration Services, Federal District Courts, California state courts and appellate bodies related to a client's removal case, with the potential for experience in criminal defense;
- Stay up to date on rapidly changing immigration laws and policies;
- Comply with data and program reporting requirements.
- Juris Doctorate required;
- Active, California State Bar License required;
- Spanish language proficiency preferred;
- Experience working with detained immigrants or other incarcerated populations preferred;
- Experience with removal defense required, with criminal defense helpful;
- Strong case management, legal research, and legal writing skills required;
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to zealously pursue new and innovative legal theories;
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work under pressure;
- Sense of humor preferred (actually, required).
Salary: Depending on experience
Application Instructions: Submit cover letter, resume, and references to andrew@nietorlaw. com. If interviewed, provide brief writing sample.