Our Fort Jacksonville office is hiring! We are seeking a motivated Defense Litigation Attorney to join our team. A successful candidate will be responsible for managing a high-volume caseload of complex litigation cases and providing legal representation to our clients. This new Associate will have their own files and work closely with an experienced Partner to discuss litigation strategy and provide excellent service to our clients.
The ideal candidate will have a foundation in defending clients in a variety of litigation matters, including but not limited to personal injury, medical malpractice, and insurance defense. This position provides opportunity for professional development, growth, and the chance to play an integral part in a growing office. Apply today to find out more about what sets KK apart!
- Manage a caseload of complex litigation cases from inception through trial or settlement
- Conduct legal research and provide guidance to clients on various legal issues
- Draft legal documents, including pleadings, motions, and discovery requests
- Conduct depositions, prepare witnesses, and handle court appearances
- Negotiate settlements and participate in alternative dispute resolution proceedings
- Communicate with clients, opposing counsel, and the courts in a professional manner
- Stay current on relevant legal developments and maintain knowledge of applicable laws and regulations
Required Education and Experience:
- Juris Doctor degree from an accredited law school
- Admission to the bar in the state where the position is located
- Minimum of 1 year of experience practicing law, with a focus on defense litigation preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent research and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and manage a high-volume caseload
- Experience with alternative dispute resolution methods, including mediation and arbitration a plus
PerKs of working at Kelley Kronenberg:
- Competitive Salary with Yearly BONUS!
- Company Paid PPO Health Insurance + Dental & Vision Options
- Generous Paid Time Off + Floating Holiday and Mental Health Day
- 401K Retirement with Employer Match
- Diverse, Equal & Inclusive Work Environment
- Ongoing Support & Professional Career Development
- Free 3:00 PM snacks, all day coffee & beverages, Friday breakfast, monthly birthday celebrations, holiday party and more!