Description:We are a litigation-specialty law firm providing representation to clients who have fallen into legal difficulties with their neighbors, business partners, spouses, the State, or a random negligent driver on the road. With numerous decades of experience, and a prestigious reputation in Northern Utah and South Eastern Idaho, our growing firm offers you the opportunity to broaden and develop your legal career into an actual flourishing practice – one that is rich in variety and challenges, and will provide repeated rewards both monetary and personal in nature. If you desire to work with other talented attorneys, and have a passion about the law and the delivery of excellent legal services to clients, then a career with Bearnson & Caldwell may be the perfect fit!
Our firm is based in beautiful Cache Valley, Logan, Utah. We also have a satellite office in the prominent city of Cave Creek, Arizona, and as a firm practice throughout Utah, Idaho, and Arizona. For the current position, we are seeking an associate attorney for our office in Logan, Utah. The position involves working with managing attorneys and support staff at our physical office location. Furthermore, the position will impart to you broad professional responsibilities, and expose you to a range of legal issues and experiences.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Must be admitted to practice law in Utah or Idaho. Multiple-state admission is a PLUS
- Must possess no less than 1 year of relevant legal experience
- Must be able to work both independently and corroboratively with others
- Must possess superior organizational and time-management skills
- Must be capable of meeting strict deadlines
- Must possess highest ethical standards of professional integrity
- Must possess exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft suite
- Must be capable of becoming proficient in firm management software
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Draft pleadings, motions, legal memoranda, agreements, etc.
- Present evidence and oral arguments to courts, juries, and administrative / government bodies
- Communicate with clients, witnesses, opposing counsel, and court personnel
- Negotiate claims
- Conduct legal research
- Maintain and manage a heavy caseload of firm clients
- Remain aware of and encourage timely payment by clients
- Train and provide guidance to paralegals and support staff