Description:Forsberg and Umlauf, P.S., a premier defense litigation law firm, is looking for an experienced insurance coverage attorney in our Seattle office to defend a wide variety of interesting and complex insurance coverage matters. Our insurance group defends pre-litigation and litigated matters, provides legal advice to insurers, and litigates primary and excess coverage for all types and lines of coverage. We have a working environment in which junior and mid-level attorneys are supported and comfortable developing their careers and working directly with our clients.
The ideal candidate will have experience preparing insurance coverage opinions and litigating coverage and extra-contractual matters. Excellent research and writing skills are a must.
- Research and write coverage opinions providing legal advice to wide array of insurance clients.
- Review claim files, underlying claim materials, and policy language.
- Prepare comprehensive coverage analyses and Reservation of Rights letters.
- Handle a caseload of litigated insurance coverage matters.
- Develop and promote client opportunities.
- License to practice law in Washington State and Federal courts preferred.
- 3-5+ years of insurance coverage experience preferred.
- Litigation experience required; trial experience preferred.
- Ability to work creatively to and develop innovative legal strategies.
- Strong research and writing skills.
- Strong insurance knowledge.