Description:Litchfield Cavo LLP is a premier insurance coverage and litigation defense law firm founded in 1998 on one principle—client service comes first. Our attorneys operate out of 23 offices, serving clients in more than 35 states nationwide. Collectively, we are a resource of experienced trial attorneys providing creative and responsive service.
Our Las Vegas, NV office is growing and actively seeking a mid-high level Associate Attorney interested in growing their career among our team of staff and attorneys, who value and foster open and honest communication, and act with integrity and professionalism.
Litchfield Cavo offers a competitive compensation plan and an excellent benefits package in a dynamic work environment that provides substantial opportunities for professional development.
Opportunity | Associate Attorney
Litchfield Cavo seeks a well-rounded, highly-motivated associate attorney with five to ten years' General Insurance Defense experience and an eagerness to learn. Must be licensed to practice in Nevada state and federal district courts. This is an exceptional opportunity to handle a variety of matters with a forward-thinking firm, including General Liability and Civil Litigation matters for nationwide clients.
Skills and Abilities:
The individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily while demonstrating the following:
- ability to proactively work independently and as part of a team;
- strong legal research and analytical skills;
- excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- strong attention to detail with superb organization and prioritization skills;
- ability to move from case to case; and
- knowledge of both state and federal court procedures;
Responsibilities include handling a substantial caseload involving civil litigation and insurance defense litigation in a number areas, which include the following: general liability, products liability, premises liability, and representation of financial institutions, professional liability, construction defect and insurance coverage. The following are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to do this job successfully under the direction of a partner:
- draft, prepare and handle pleadings, motions, orders and legal memoranda;
- draft and respond to written discovery and dispositive motions;
- conduct legal research competently and with proficiency;
- prepare and take depositions of parties, experts and other witnesses;
- review client documents, draft case evaluations and status report correspondence;
- assist with and participate in trial preparation, mediations and court appearances; and,
- interact directly with clients, claim professionals, opposing counsel, colleagues and staff.