The Law Offices of Carol Bertsch, PC assists seniors, people with special needs, and their families in planning for and addressing the complex challenges surrounding aging and quality of life concerns. We have more than 25 years of experience dealing with Wills, Trusts, Powers of Attorneys, Probate, Guardianships, Medicaid and Long-Term Care Planning, Special Needs Trusts, and Advanced Directives. We are a small, but growing, client-driven firm that strives to be the very best in each of these areas of practice.
Job Opportunity Details
We are seeking a full-time associate attorney in San Antonio, Texas. This role works closely with our staff.
Our goals are to help our clients safely navigate through the challenges of growing older and to provide them and their families with peace of mind throughout the journey so that they can focus on living fully and confidently.
We treat all who cross our threshold with integrity, dignity, and respect. We take the time to listen to our clients and answer their questions. We emphasize resolution of problems without resorting to litigation.
About the Role
- Meets with clients to provide guidance and counsel
- Drafts estate planning documents for clients
- Represents clients in uncontested probate proceedings
- Represents clients in uncontested guardianship proceedings
- Assists clients with long-term care planning and shepherding Medicaid applications to approval
- Markets the firm to bring in new client matters
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- You are a natural relationship builder excited about helping clients through a difficult time in their lives. You are an empathetic listener with good communication skills who appreciates working in a team environment. You have:
- A positive, compassionate, and service-oriented personality
- Strong phone and grammar skills
- Excellent multi-tasking and time management abilities
- Passion for elder law and helping people navigate the second half of their lives
- A knack for teamwork and a desire to learn with humility
What We Offer
Salary range of $60,000 to $80,000, depending on experience, Health insurance, SIMPLE IRA, Life and Disability insurance, paid time off.
Your resume should include a complete education and employment history. In your cover letter, you should describe your passion for helping older adults and your experience in the areas of practice listed above. You should also include your salary requirements.
This is not a remote or hybrid position.