At U.S. Bank, we’re on a journey to do our best. Helping the customers and businesses we serve to make better and smarter financial decisions and enabling the communities we support to grow and succeed. We believe it takes all of us to bring our shared ambition to life, and each person is unique in their potential. A career with U.S. Bank gives you a wide, ever-growing range of opportunities to discover what makes you thrive at every stage of your career. Try new things, learn new skills and discover what you excel at—all from Day One.
Global Treasury Management (“GTM”) products and services cater to the collection, disbursement, concentration, investment, and funding activities of business customers. Key GTM products and services include ACH, wires, RTP, remote deposit capture, SinglePoint information reporting and transaction capability, electronic payments, data translation services, positive pay, lockbox, cash vault, courier services, controlled disbursements and sweeps. Legal support is provided across multiple business lines.to the extent the subject-matter involves a commercial deposit or treasury management issue or product. Primary lines of business supported include: GTM; Commercial Customer Service (“CCS”) and Commercial Support; Deposit and Payment Solutions (“DPS”); Commercial Real Estate (“CRE”), Corporate Banking; Commercial Banking; Government Banking; Correspondent Banking; Specialized Industries; and Community Banking.
- Render advice and assistance to GTM Senior Management, Sales, Operations, Implementation, and Relationship Managers across all business lines on a wide variety of GTM and depository matters of varying complexity.
- Create and update GTM terms and conditions for existing and new products, and negotiate agreements with fintech partners for the co-development of new GTM products.
- Review and negotiate non-standard bank documentation and revisions to standard bank documentation, deposit account control agreements, NDAs, banking resolutions, and all manner of account–related inquiries.
- Monitor and advise on legislative and regulatory changes, and updates to payments systems rules applicable to the business line.
- Review RFP contracts for federal, state, and local government entities, and quasi-governmental entities, and respond to RFP-specific legal questions and certifications.
- Address customer disputes, loss prevention and mitigation; advise on certain fraud-related matters, including assisting with recovery efforts.
The ideal candidate for this role would possess the following experience and traits:
- 5 - 8 years of experience as a practicing attorney
- General knowledge of banking law, as well as knowledge of UCC Articles 3, 4 and 4A, and RTP and NACHA rules.
- Experience working with fintech partners and knowledge of government contracting issues are a plus.
- Strong contract drafting, negotiating, issue-spotting, and risk identification skills.
- Demonstrated strong judgment, legal analysis, and oral and written communication skills.
- Comfortable interacting with senior management and opposing counsel.
- Ability to prioritize and effectively manage a large volume of matters of varied type, work with minimal supervision and exercise independent judgment.
If there’s anything we can do to accommodate a disability during any portion of the application or hiring process, please refer to our disability accommodations for applicants.
Learn how the way we work at U.S. Bank drives meaningful relationships with our customers and collaboration across the company.
Our approach to benefits and total rewards considers our team members’ whole selves and what may be needed to thrive in and outside work. That's why our benefits are designed to help you and your family boost your health, protect your financial security and give you peace of mind. Our benefits include the following (some may vary based on role, location or hours):
- Healthcare (medical, dental, vision)
- Basic term and optional term life insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Pregnancy disability and parental leave
- 401(k) and employer-funded retirement plan
- Paid vacation (from two to five weeks depending on salary grade and tenure)
- Up to 11 paid holiday opportunities
- Adoption assistance
- Sick and Safe Leave accruals of one hour for every 30 worked, up to 80 hours per calendar year unless otherwise provided by law
EEO is the Law
U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors. Applicants can learn more about the company’s status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal KNOW YOUR RIGHTS EEO poster.
U.S. Bank participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States and certain U.S. territories. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about the E-Verify program.