Kroll Bond Rating Agency, LLC and its affiliates (“KBRA”) are seeking an Assistant General Counsel to join its Legal Department. You will be enthusiastic, highly motivated, have a strong work ethic and well-equipped to work closely with the other members of the Legal Department on the types of matters described below in addition to other matters that may arise. The position will be based in our New York office.
About the Team:
The Legal Department handles all of KBRA's legal matters with the exception of ratings. The Legal Department works with analysts, compliance, finance, technology and senior management across the company.
About the Job:
As an Assistant General Counsel, your responsibilities may include contract review, negotiation and drafting the following: subscription agreements with clients across various product offerings; vendor agreements for various types of services and products; all other types of contracts to which KBRA may be a party and lastly, management of KBRA's contracts.
You May Also Be Responsible for the Following:
- Engagement Letters/Business Development: You will review, negotiate and draft engagement letters with clients across all sectors in which KBRA issues ratings, including structured finance, project finance, financial institutions. You will serve as a resource for Business Development with respect to questions that arise during the client engagement process.
- Mergers and Acquisitions: You will review and draft documents related to M&A transactions including letters of intent and asset purchase agreements. You will assist, lead and/or work with internal and external counsel on M&A transactions from inception to closing, including leading due diligence and related general corporate and corporate governance matters.
- Corporate Governance: You may participate in regular meetings with KBRA's board of directors and assist with preparation of materials for KBRA's board of directors. You may assist with corporate governance matters that may be required from time to time.
- Data Privacy/Cybersecurity: You will gain familiarity with data privacy laws of jurisdictions in which KBRA operates as well as collaborate with the Information Security team on best practices in all jurisdictions.
- Regulatory Framework: You will gain familiarity with the regulatory framework, laws and regulations applicable to credit rating agencies and how regulations affect all aspects of KBRA. You will advise KBRA's employees about the applicability of regulations on KBRA's day-to-day work.
- Compliance: You will collaborate with the Compliance Department on discrete and ongoing matters before the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), including annual examinations, submissions to the SEC and various requests.
In Order to Be Successful in This Role, You:
- Have a JD and admission to the New York bar
- Have at least 8-14 years of experience
- Possess a strong background in reviewing, drafting and negotiating agreements
- Have general corporate and mergers and acquisition experience
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills. Writing samples will be requested
- Have strong research, analysis, and organizational skills with particular focus on attention to detail
- Have knowledge of securities laws and experience working in highly regulated environments