Description:Type Of Hire:
- Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
- Bachelor's Degree
- 25 - 50%
As a VP, Associate General Counsel – Mergers, Acquisitions and Corporate Finance, you will lead FIS' corporate transactional legal team supporting FIS' global acquisition, divestiture, venture investment and financing transactions. You will also act as a second-level executive within FIS' corporate legal affairs group, which covers a broad range of U.S. Securities, corporate governance, executive compensation, ESG, employment and proxy voting matters.
About the Team:
The FIS Legal team is comprised of approximately 200 attorneys and paraprofessionals worldwide who enjoy being an advisor to and partner with our businesses to help the company achieve its goals. We work collaboratively with each other and with our business colleagues to solve problems in an effective and pragmatic manner. We view our role as one of supporting our business leaders in a variety of legal matters, and we strive to assist our businesses in meeting their objectives with sound, reasonable and well-considered legal counsel.
What you will be doing:
- Lead and coordinate the structuring, negotiation, and execution of sophisticated corporate transactions, including global mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, venture investments and financing transactions.
- Responsible for reviewing and/or negotiating a confidentiality agreement; drafting/reviewing and negotiating term sheets, letters intent and bid letters; conducting and/or coordinating a legal due diligence review; preparing/reviewing and negotiating transaction documentation, including merger agreements, acquisition agreements and transition services agreement; coordinating or otherwise participating in the closing of the transaction; and otherwise advising the enterprise on legal matters relating to the transaction generally.
- Liaise with business representatives, investment professionals and other lawyers in the Legal Department also involved in the transaction.
- Provide practical, solution-oriented legal and strategic counsel to executives and colleagues on strategy, risk assessment, negotiations, and transaction execution.
- Identify, evaluate, and address complex and strategic legal issues.
What you bring:
- Requires a law degree, such as a Juris Doctor or other comparable degree. Must be admitted to practice law in the appropriate jurisdiction.
- Five (5) or more years of corporate transactional legal experience (e.g., mergers and acquisitions, venture capital, corporate finance or similar) in a corporate in-house or law firm environment.
- Expertise structuring, negotiating, and executing global M&A and finance transactions, including prioritization, managing due diligence, drafting transaction documents, strategically leading negotiations, handling closings and integration matters.
- Exceptional executive communication, advocacy, and writing skills, including the ability to convey clearly the most complex legal and transactional concepts/issues to all levels of the organization.
- Experience advising clients in a complex, diversified, global organization.
- Experience prioritizing and managing multiple projects efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced business environment and drive complex projects to completion.
What we offer you:
At FIS, we hire the best. In return, you receive exceptional benefits including:
- Opportunities to innovate in fintech
- Tools for personal and professional growth
- Inclusive and diverse work environment
- Resources to invest in your community
- Competitive salary and benefits
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice (http://www.fisglobal.com/privacy).
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf) supplement document available here (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf)
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.