We are excited that you are considering joining Nova Southeastern University!
Nova Southeastern University (NSU) was founded in 1964, and is a not-for-profit, independent university with a reputation for academic excellence and innovation. Nova Southeastern University offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including tuition waiver, retirement plan, excellent medical and dental plans and much more. NSU cares about the health, welfare and its students, faculty, staff, and campus visitors and is a tobacco-free university.
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Essential Job Functions:
- Be prepared for class, keep the students informed of any current changes in law, and be available to the students outside class.
- Select or prepare class materials that are relevant and informative, using computer technology and emphasizing lawyering skills as appropriate.
- Teach all classes and write and grade the examinations or other student work.
- Routinely conduct research, produce, and publish thoughtful law review articles (or similar written work) that contribute to the legal community.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education: Juris Doctorate
- Graduate of an ABA-approved law school (or comparable foreign law school) with a Juris Doctorate Degree.
- Experience either teaching at another law school, clerking for a judge, or practicing law (in unusual cases, a LL.M degree can be substituted for practice experience).