Karyopharm Therapeutics is an innovation-driven commercial stage pharmaceutical company focused on the discovery, development and commercialization of medicines with the goal of improving the lives of patients with cancer and other major diseases.
Karyopharm is seeking a lawyer with deep operationally-focused experience in the pharmaceutical industry. Reporting to the General Counsel and managing a team of seven direct and indirect reports, this high visibility role will serve as lead operational counsel across many of the company's key function areas.
As a Karyopharmer, reporting to our General Counsel, you will positively impact patients' lives by:
- Play a lead role in the areas of research and development, publications, expanded access, medical affairs, manufacturing and supply chain, and general legal support of operations;
- Engage and work closely with business unit leadership, finance, and business development groups, and outside counsel in the U.S. and abroad with respect to legal matters;
- Responsible for managing vendor and clinical contracting teams – providing training and mentoring to team members;
- Responsible for drafting and updating contract template and fall back language;
- Overseas and ensures contract review processes are in place;
- Handles escalations relating to all contract negotiations (including clinical trial agreement negotiations) and determines if additional escalation to senior management or legal counsel is required;
- Reports to senior management as needed with contract escalation and vendor issues;
- Develop and ensure implementation of internal contracting group processes;
- Ensure contracting group is implementing and in compliance with all company processes;
- Supporting company's intellectual property portfolio and protection; interfacing with outside patent counsel;
- Support of Business Development team with licensing and other business matters;
- Manage outside counsel related to a wide variety of legal matters, including intellectual property, contracting, business development and other matters;
- Support of General Counsel in any other matter, as requested.
You will rock this role if you bring:
- JD or equivalent degree required.
- Minimum of 10 years of specific experience with biopharmaceutical companies.
- Positive and proactive people management skills that drive performance.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects/priorities and meet deadlines.
- Possess an understanding of the clinical development process and clinical operations.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, sufficient to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
- Ability to work on teams and with multiple projects, and works well under general direction with tight timelines.
- Good business judgment and excellent negotiation skills.
- Ability to work independently with initiatives and ability to seek guidance when necessary in a team-oriented environment.