Do you want a job where you can show up and make a difference in the world every single day? Are you ready to join a dynamic, mission-driven company?
At ALIL we are dedicated to changing the lives of the immigrant community through zealous advocacy, finding creative solutions and aggressive legal strategies.
Apply today to join our team and become a part of our mission!
About the Role:
The ideal candidate for this position has must be knowledgeable in the laws governing immigrant entry and residence and use your knowledge to help individuals transition successfully and lawfully from one country to another. You will also represent clients in court.
It is expected that the ideal candidate will provide direct representation to a large caseload of individuals and/or families in immigration matters. Legal representation may be before the Immigration Court (EOIR), the Board of Immigration Appeals (BIA), Administrative Appeals Office, in custody matters before Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), Asylum Office, State and federal courts, Department of State, agencies within the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), and in credible/reasonable fear interviews and applications for affirmative relief before United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).
Who You Are:
- Bilingual – English and Spanish (Must be Fluent in both)
- Must have Law Degree from an accredited school and passed bar exam. Must have excellent organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines. 0-5+ years of experience with Immigration Law. Good data analysis, problem-solving and critical thinking skills. Proven experience in the following areas:
- 0-5 years of Immigration Law Experience
- A team player who is open to helping, strategizing, and working with your fellow associates
- Preferably bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Interpersonal skills of the highest caliber
- Record of moving legal cases forward and an ability to manage a caseload
- Experience with Family-Based Petitions, Humanitarian, EOIR, Detained, Citizenship, and other USCIS applications
- Experience with Case Management Software is preferred
You’ll be joining a dynamic team and organization helping clients within Alexandra Lozano Immigration Law by providing a great experience, creating high-quality content, and driving meaningful cultural impact. We are creative and mission driven, Latinx first, open to risk-taking, and having fun.
- Explain immigration concepts and present strategic solutions
- Represent non-detained and detained individuals in removal proceedings the Immigration Court and Board of Immigration Appeals
- Manage workload of cases
- Visit and conduct an intake with detained individuals at centers.
- Prepare diverse immigration applications, including removal defense and family-based immigration petitions
- Review immigration applications/packets and make any necessary adjustments
- Present to and work with law enforcement, prosecutorial offices, and community-based organizations on changes in immigration law
- Meet with potential clients for strategic immigration consultations and determine necessary strategy
- Develop strategy and prepare clients/witnesses for court/USCIS testimony
- Provide legal analysis for clients to determine any possible case benefits
- Prepare and submitting legal briefs for a variety of immigration cases
- Medical (100% employer paid) for employee and any qualified dependents
- Long Term Disability
- Additional Supplementals
- PTO & Sick leave
- LA Fitness Membership
- Life Insurance of $50,000
- Employee Appreciation events
- Unlimited snacks and drinks in office
- Lunch catered every Friday
- 401(k)--matched up to 6% by the Alexandra Lozano Immigration Law
Who We Are:
Alexandra Lozano Immigration Law specializes in Immigration and Personal Injury Law our headquarters is based out of Seattle (Tukwila), WA with additional locations in Los Angeles, Chicago, San Antonio, and Houston. The law firm has been around since 2014. We have received the following recognition and awards, AILA San Williamson Mentor, Woman of Inspiration award, Pudget Sound Business Journal’s 40 under 40 and Inc 5000.
- Our firm employs passionate and highly driven individuals who have a great desire to change lives
- We are a client-focused and result-oriented law firm
- Providing excellent Customer service and results are our highest priority
- We take pride in changing many lives despite the challenges posed in the current immigration system
- Treating our clients with up most respect and dignity as they are the heartbeat of our law firm.
- We have high expectation for ALIL values and vision and expectation for our staff
- Teamwork is highly expected for all staff (we are one)
- Each staff member has a defined role and purpose for ALIL
- ALIL focus is on humanitarian immigration - 360 VAWA, U Visa, and T Visa as well as post-deportation options