TTS Legal is a global team of lawyers and legal professionals based in seven locations around the world that provide product legal advisory and deal negotiation support to TTS businesses globally.
TTS is a global business within Citibank’s Institutional Clients Group. TTS offers integrated cash management and trade and working capital solutions to multinational corporations, financial institutions and public sector organizations around the world. With a network that spans more than 100 countries, and a comprehensive suite of digital and mobile-enabled platforms and tools, TTS supports over 65,000 clients.
The TTS Cash Management and Trade businesses have built digital asset and digitization teams and are making significant investments in innovation in order to transform TTS product offerings with the latest technologies.
Supporting the global head of TTS Legal for Digital Assets, the candidate will provide legal support to TTS Strategic Partnerships and Innovation, a global business unit within TTS that drives TTS innovation strategy across all TTS products, leads and implements pan-TTS external partnership strategy, leads TTS Innovation Labs and Innovation Catalysts globally, collaborates with partners across businesses, functions, and other innovation organizations in ICG, GCB, functions and Citi Ventures.
This position provides an excellent opportunity to hone one’s Project Management skills. It also provides the opportunity to work with and support a wide range of Citi TTS businesses around the globe with respect to new product approvals, new program rollout, cross-jurisdictional deals, multi-jurisdictional legal due diligence and similar projects. In addition to the various TTS Business stakeholders, the candidate will work closely with global Legal and Compliance colleagues as well as with stakeholders in Risk, Operations and other areas. The role will involve regular contact with clients in all regions.
- Serve as a key point of contact for and provide timely and effective legal advice to the TTS Strategic Partnerships and Innovation business, a pan-TTS global business unit that drives TTS innovation strategy and implementation across all TTS products.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for and provide timely and effective legal advice to the TTS Global Head of Digital Assets.
- Coordinate across TTS Legal, with country counsel, other legal functions (e.g. Bank Regulatory Legal and IP O&T Legal), and external legal to ensure engagement from key Legal stakeholders relevant to TTS digital asset and innovation initiatives.
- In the scope of TTS digital asset and innovation projects, advise TTS management, Product, Sales and Operations colleagues with respect to legal and franchise risks and mitigants in respect of TTS global and regional product offerings, and do so in partnership with regional TTS Legal functional heads and their teams.
- Promote the culture of “One Legal” by liaising with Cross Enterprise Legal on relevant digital asset, digitization, and innovation initiatives and leverage expertise and resources within Cross Enterprise Legal for the benefit of TTS initiatives. Share know-how, legal opinions, best practices, and lessons learned with Cross Enterprise Legal and other product legal functions in order avoid duplication of efforts and to promote consistency in transformation solutions.
- Proactively identify opportunities to provide training to TTS businesses and Legal colleagues in the areas of technology partnerships, digital assets, and digitization.
- Serve as a fintech legal resource for TTS Legal teams and promote the adoption of business policies and procedures that reflect Citi’s commitment to transform, enhance its risk and controls, and improve the client experience.
- Advise the TTS business on matters relating to establishing or joining technology memberships, partnerships, and consortia.
- Review, negotiate, and draft complex legal documentation related to digital assets, digitization, and innovation initiatives.
- Support TTS compliance with New Product Approval policies and procedures applicable to digital asset and digitization initiatives and support from a product legal perspective necessary regulatory notices, filings, or approvals.
- A minimum of 15 years of legal experience handling complex transactions.
- Relevant legal experience in treasury/cash management and trade finance in a law firm and/or financial institution.
- Comprehensive knowledge of laws and practices, including cross border transactions and their associated legal risks.
- Experienced with technology and digital tools supporting the development and expansion of digital channels and other electronic product offerings.
- Significant experience providing legal advice that supports the development of new financial products based on digital asset technologies such as DLT, blockchain, and tokenization.
- Prior management experience is preferred.
Consistently demonstrate clear and concise written and verbal communication. Ability to multitask and effectively prioritize an array of responsibilities. A skilled project manager and legal counselor who can work proactively with a wide range of colleagues of varying seniority in both business and support roles. Able to respond to a broad range of needs and develop business friendly solutions to requirements while balancing compliance with multiple legal, regulatory and internal policy requirements. A skilled people manager, adept at motivating stakeholders to work as a team and at building consensus among key Citi stakeholders. Collegiality, a positive and proactive approach, enthusiasm, and the ability to work independently are key attributes of the successful candidate. Additionally, a successful candidate must be able to manage their time and prioritize their work effectively without close supervision in order to successfully support dozens of transactions and projects simultaneously in a dynamic professional business environment.
Bar license in good standing to practice law in the State of Florida, or admitted to the bar and in good standing in such other state or common law jurisdiction.
- Ability to manage a significant portfolio of concurrent initiatives and transactions.
- Responsiveness, diligence, attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team; adaptability
- Adept at building consensus among internal constituencies, including across product, region, legal, risk, other.
- Ability to drive results, delivering concrete output on or ahead of schedule.