Closing Date: 18th August, 2022
This position is in Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, Legal Division, Law & Policy Office. You will provide legal and policy advice to the General Counsel, Deputy General Counsel, and other senior officials on the CFPB's authorities and jurisdiction, the interpretation of Federal consumer financial law, and matters of administrative law. You will supervise a subordinate staff of attorneys and paralegals.
As a Supervisory Attorney-Advisor (Assistant General Counsel for Law and Policy), you will:
- Serve as a legal advisor to the General Counsel, Deputy General Counsel for Law and Policy, and other senior officials on legal issues including constitutional and administrative law, consumer finance law, the Dodd-Frank Act, and other laws and regulations arising out of the intersection of law and policy involving the CFPB's exercise of its rulemaking, supervisory, enforcement, and other authorities.
- Manage the analysis of questions of statutory and regulatory interpretation under relevant statutes, regulations, and guidance. Formulate conclusions and recommendations and presents findings to senior CFPB management. Establish priorities and due dates and monitor progress and results.
- Collaborate with other offices to ensure that the legal dimensions of policy initiatives are identified at an early stage and adequately addressed. Formulate policy recommendations and recommends alternative courses of action.
- Speak authoritatively on legal matters within areas of responsibility, and represent the Office of Law and Policy at meetings. Provide briefings for senior CFPB officials and staff regarding legal issues within areas of responsibility.
- Supervise a workforce of attorneys and paralegals. Plan work assignments on a strategic basis. Ensure work is accomplished in accordance with established and emerging policy and practice. Lead, motivate, and develop employees, establish performance objectives, conduct performance evaluations, and initiate performance-based actions and awards.
Conditions of Employment:
- Key Requirements:
- Please refer to "Conditions of Employment."
- Must be U.S. Citizen or U.S. National
- A Public Trust background investigation will be required.
- The Bureau is currently offering expanded telework opportunities to all staff. Additional work location and schedule flexibilities will be available to Bureau staff starting in the fall of 2022.
- Professional law degree (LL.B. or J.D.) of an accredited law school; AND
- Bar Membership: Applicants must be a current member of a bar with a valid license to practice law in a state, territory of the United States, District of Columbia, or Commonwealth of Puerto Rico; AND
- For the CN-71 (GS-15 equivalent) Attorney position: Seven (7) years of legal experience. Such experience must include experience as a licensed attorney in order to be creditable. At least one (1) year of this experience must be at or equivalent to the band CN-60 (GS-14).; OR You must have thirty six (36) months of specialized experience at the CN-60 level (equivalent to the GS-14 level) that equipped you with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to successfully perform the duties of this position.
- Specialized experience for this position includes:
- Experience providing legal advice, researching and providing legal interpretation of statutes, and implementing regulations; AND
- Experience drafting and presenting written work products to demonstrate analyses, policy implications, and recommendations; AND
- Experience in Federal consumer finance law and Federal administrative law.
The experience may have been gained in either the public, private sector or volunteer service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis. To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/day/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week on your resume.
Law Degree: Applicants must be a graduate of an accredited law school with an LL.B., J.D. or equivalent.
Kindly refer to the following link for a detailed description of the job - https://www.usajobs.gov/job/669598100