Bankers Financial Corporation is a holding company that started in St. Petersburg, FL, in 1976. While we have grown and added new businesses to our portfolio, we have not lost track of what matters. The heart of our corporation lies with our employees and our communities. At Bankers, we focus on building an environment where all voices are heard and respected. Our goal is for all our employees to feel they are in an environment where they can share new ideas, communicate openly and obtain career advancement. By having a workforce that encompasses people from all backgrounds and cultures, we are able to better understand and serve our customers.
Our Core values include:
- Social responsibility: we place charity and volunteer work at the core of our organization.
- Performance: we believe in providing our employees with the tools and support they need to grow, succeed and make an impact.
- Collaboration: working together is critical to achieving organizational goals.
- Innovation: growth happens when we can absorb and implement new ideas that provide unique solutions and superior customer service.
- Trust: we build and maintain trust with our employees and clients by embodying integrity, transparency, and ‘doing the right thing.’
Company Value Statements
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties, all employees are expected to demonstrate the following:
- Acting with the highest level of honesty, trust, character and transparency.
- Making a unified effort to achieve the goals of the organization; embracing accountability for exceptional performance every day.
- Commitment to excellence in reaching our full potential as individuals and as an organization, surpassing the ordinary and the expectations of our stakeholders.
- Approaching every challenge with creative energy, discovering unique solutions to maximize success; focus on creating and delivering compelling customer value.
- Belief in the power of a diverse workforce and in creating a positive impact on both the environment and our community.
Provide legal advice and risk management counseling on a variety of legal issues, including corporate and commercial transactions, dispute resolution, litigation management, corporate governance and regulatory affairs.
- Provide legal advice and risk management counseling with respect to routine legal matters, including commercial transactions, dispute resolution and litigation, and employment issues. (50-60%)
- Assist senior attorneys in with respect to non-routine matters, including corporate transactions and complex commercial litigation. (20-50%)
- Coordinate outside counsel and other third-party advisors with respect to various transactions, regulatory issues, and dispute resolution. (10-20%)
- Perform other and additional tasks as senior attorneys and internal clients requested. (10-30%)
Required Education and Experience
- JD from an accredited law school with proven academic success
- Admission (or eligibility to gain in-house counsel exemption) to the Florida Bar or recent law school graduate planning to sit for the bar
- 0-3 years of legal experience
- Extremely proactive, self-sufficient, and able to exercise sound professional legal and business judgment
- Excellent communication and sound conflict-resolution skills
Preferred Education and Experience
- Previous work experience in a corporate environment
- Experience in financial services a plus
preceding position description has been designed to indicate the general nature of the work performed; the level of knowledge and skills typically required; and the usual working conditions of this position. It is not designed to contain, or be interpreted as a comprehensive, complete, or exclusive list of the duties of the position. Additional and different duties may be assigned from time to time. We are an E-Verify company.