Make an Impact
Whether new, mid-career, or highly experienced, you are encouraged to apply to the Harriett Buhai Center for Family Law to bring new meaning and purpose to your legal career. Apply your legal training and skills to help others without the means to afford counsel. Working at the Harriett Buhai Center allows you to make a positive impact every day. It will fuel your soul.
Join our collaborative, diverse, and hybrid work environment where every individual is valued for the contribution they make. Enjoy some flexibility in your calendar and spend time with compassionate, caring, and intelligent staff and volunteers like yourself.
Learn every day in a collegial environment. Grow your skills and knowledge. Advance in your scope of responsibilities and position. Find new ways to help sustain and enhance the services of the Center.
Key Features of this Job:
- Handle a significant caseload including low-income domestic violence victims and their children, single parents, older spouses, immigrants, and others with a wide range of family law problems
- Supervise, mentor, train, and collaborate with volunteer lawyers and law students to provide additional pro bono family law legal assistance
- Offer community legal education to empower low-income persons with family law and domestic violence knowledge
- Contribute to all other Center programs and services to ensure their continued vitality
Essential Job Qualifications:
- Member in good standing of the California Bar
- Excellent analytic and organizational abilities
- Strong writing and public speaking skills
- Capacity to travel locally and work some Saturdays
- Family law / domestic violence experience a strong plus
- Spanish fluency is a plus
Start Date: ASAP
Position: Full-time, exempt.
Salary and Benefits: Salary: Commensurate with experience. Benefits include: medical, dental, and vision insurance; voluntary employee retirement plan; paid vacation and holiday leave; reimbursed travel and educational expenses; professional development.
Location: Hybrid; Office in Los Angeles/Koreatown