Description:The Community Health Law Project (CHLP) seeks a full-time Staff Attorney for our regional office in Hamilton, New Jersey. The Attorney will provide representation in landlord/tenant matters, foreclosures, public benefits matters, family law matters, consumer issues and guardianships, among other civil legal matters.
CHLP is a New Jersey statewide non-profit organization that provides legal services and advocacy to low-income individuals living with disabilities. CHLP provides assistance in a number of areas including, but not limited to, landlord-tenant matters, foreclosures, Social Security Disability Insurance, Supplemental Security Income, Medicaid/Medicare, Welfare/SNAP benefits, family law, consumer law, guardianships, and home care issues involving private duty nursing and personal care assistance.
CHLP offers a supportive environment where you can work with diverse individuals, explore new ways of thinking and expand your capabilities. Our pace of work enables fast learning and fosters an environment where you can make an impact on the lives of others.
- JD degree from an ABA accredited law school
- Licensed to practice in New Jersey
- Excellent legal analysis, written and oral advocacy skills
- Demonstrated interest in legal issues affecting people with disabilities
- Experience with foreclosures is a plus
Salary and benefits:
- Salary is commensurate with experience
- Comprehensive health and dental insurance among other benefits
- Generous leave time
How to Apply:
- Interested Candidates may submit their application through Indeed's Online Application system. Cover letters and supporting documentation may be addressed to Stacy Noonan, Esq., Managing Attorney, Community Health Law Project, 3635 Quakerbridge Road, Suite 14, Hamilton, NJ 08619.
- Please Provide a Cover Letter Outlining Your Interest in This Position.
Equal Opportunity/affirmative Action Employer
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $70,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Hamilton, NJ 08619: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Do you have a Juris Doctorate degree from an accredited ABA approved law school?
- NJ Bar Admission (Required)
Work Location: In person