Description:The Environmental Integrity Project (EIP) is accepting applications for a Staff Attorney to join our team working to hold industrial polluters and government accountable for compliance with the Clean Air Act and other environmental laws. The same industrial sectors responsible for planet-warming greenhouse gas emissions also release large amounts of air pollutants that contribute to smog, lung and heart diseases, and cancer. Working with EIP's team of lawyers and analysts, the Staff Attorney will work to reduce air and climate pollution from industrial sources through litigation and federal and state administrative permitting and rulemaking processes.
Location: Texas or Washington, DC, strongly preferred, but other locations considered.
- Develop and implement legal strategies to reduce air and climate pollution.
- Perform a range of litigation and legal tasks, including drafting comments, motions, briefs, and other documents to support administrative advocacy and litigation efforts.
- Work with internal and external experts to develop the factual, technical, and scientific basis to support EIP's advocacy efforts.
- Represent EIP and other organizations in federal and state litigation, administrative proceedings, and public meetings.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clients, organization and community partners, and government agencies.
- Assist with the preparation of grant proposals and reports.
- A law degree and active bar membership in good standing.
- 2+ years (Staff Attorney) of experience practicing law, and experience in environmental law and policy.
- Excellent analytical, research, writing, facilitator, oral communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Passion for protecting public health and the environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and external partners.
- Prior experience or demonstrated commitment to working with members of communities directly impacted by pollution.
- Strong work ethic, robust problem-solving skills, and sound judgment.
Salary and benefits:
EIP offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. The salary for this position will reflect experience and qualifications.
EIP is an equal opportunity employer, highly values diversity, and strives to create an inclusive workplace culture. As an equal opportunity employer, EIP is committed to employment practices that ensure that employees and applicants for employment are provided with equal opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the position.