Description:The speed of technology. The influx of data. Shifting regulations. Increased customer expectations.
That's where you'll find SS&C, helping clients find opportunity in ever-changing and complex customer, business, and regulatory requirements. Mastering complexity is a constantly changing and evolving challenge – one that only a few people can embrace and thrive upon.
If you see your opportunity in complexity, then we are the right fit for you.
Job Title Sr Legal Counsel
Locations Boston, MA and Kansas City, MO | Hybrid
Get To Know The Team:
As the Senior Legal Counsel you will provide legal counsel and advice for the DST Financial Services business group within the larger SS&C enterprise. Acting as a subject matter expert you will work with key managers and sales personnel in the business; other members of the Company's Compliance, IT, Legal, Security, Audit, Human Resources & Finance Departments and provide advice on contracts and regulatory compliance on an as-needed basis. Role can sit in Kansas City, MO or Quincy, MA.
Why You Will Love It Here!
- Flexibility: Hybrid Work Model & a Business Casual Dress Code, including jeans
- Your Future: 401k Matching Program, Professional Development Reimbursement
- Work/Life Balance: Flexible Personal/Vacation Time Off, Sick Leave, Paid Holidays
- Your Wellbeing: Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee Assistance Program, Parental Leave
- Diversity & Inclusion: Committed to Welcoming, Celebrating and Thriving on Diversity
- Training: Hands-On, Team-Customized, including SS&C University
- Extra Perks: Discounts on fitness clubs, travel and more!
What You Will Get To Do:
- Provides legal advice and services on issues concerning the rights, obligations and privileges of the organization.
- Provides a variety of general corporate and commercial legal services to a number of in-house clients, including drafting and negotiation of contracts with clients, vendors and other strategic relationships, including services agreements, SaaS Agreements, license agreements and other transactional agreements both as a vendor and a customer.
- Acts as advisor on legal issues involving the contractual positions, risk and compliance.
- Reviews legal data and advises organization on appropriate legal action to be taken.
- Demonstrates experience in general corporate matters, including corporate organization, drafting transactional and services documents, license agreements, employment law, data privacy, and contract management
- Monitor and report on regulatory developments.
- Other duties as assigned from time to time.
What you will bring:
- Must be a graduate of an accredited law school and have passed, at a minimum, a state bar exam.
- Three + years prior experience in a legal or compliance environment with in-depth knowledge and experience drafting and negotiating contracts with clients, vendors and other strategic relationships, including service agreements, license agreements and other transactional agreements.
- The ideal candidate will have thorough knowledge of the organization, work environment and process including operations and customer support requirements in the financial services or software industry.
- Familiarity with “software as a service” agreements, software license agreements as well as business process outsourcing service agreements.
- Strong technical skills required to complete assignments.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (e.g. presentation, listening; and report writing).
- Analytical problem solving and quantitative skills sufficient to handle a complex regulated environment.
- Interpersonal skills necessary: persuasion; negotiation; cooperation; diplomacy; strong planning; organizational and coordinating skills, and strong internal consulting skills).
- Strong computer literacy, including Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) and Adobe Acrobat.
Thank you for your interest in SS&C! To further explore this opportunity, please apply through our careers page on the corporate website at www.ssctech.com/careers.
SS&C is an equal opportunity employer and values a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information about Equal Opportunity in the Workplace please click here and here. SS&C is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to job applicants with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need an accommodation or accessibility assistance to complete the online application, please contact us at PeopleCenter@dstsystems.com for assistance.