Description:Join Aya Healthcare, winner of multiple Top Workplace awards!
The Corporate Counsel will provide legal expertise in matters relating to the operation of Aya Healthcare with a focus on handling a wide range of compliance and regulatory matters.
Who We Are:
We're a $5.8 billion, rapidly growing workforce solutions provider in the healthcare industry. We deliver tech-enabled services that help healthcare organizations meet and manage their contingent labor needs. We build and manage tech-enabled marketplaces for national and local healthcare talent and deliver contingent labor management solutions through our proprietary software platform.
At Aya, we're obsessed with creating exceptional experiences for our clients, clinicians and employees. In fact, we put employee satisfaction above all else. Our team members are responsible for incomparable customer experience and we know that happy employees are critical to maintaining happy clients. We foster an entrepreneurial, high-energy, low-bureaucracy culture and value innovative thinking and creative problem solving. We embrace diversity in thought and backgrounds unified by a commitment to high achievement. When you join Aya, you'll be surrounded by teammates who care about you as an individual and leaders who will help you grow both personally and professionally.
- Advise on provider compliance requirements in a healthcare setting including, with respect to state and national board guidelines.
- Provide counsel regarding federal and state laws relating to healthcare compliance and regulatory matters, including, but not limited to, HIPAA, Joint Commission standards, state licensing and regulatory matters.
- Coordinate with internal parties as it relates to legal issues, including assisting with compliance investigations and audits as needed.
- Monitor new developments and emerging issues in various laws, assess related legal risks, and advise various business departments on these developments.
- Provide timely, business-focused advice to various departments.
- Must have proper state bar admission and be in good standing
- Must have J.D. from ABA-accredited law school
- 7+ years' experience, at least some in dealing with healthcare compliance and regulatory matters
- Strong research skills
- Experience in healthcare, staffing, or services industry a plus
- Preferred prior experience at a mid to large sized law firm or in-house legal department
- Ability to work accurately in fast-paced environment and maintain a sense of urgency
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong negotiation skills
- Excellent interpersonal relations
What we offer:
- Free premium medical, dental, life and vision insurance
- Generous 401(k) match
- Aya also offers other benefits to those that are eligible and where required by applicable law, including reimbursements and discretionary bonuses
- Aya provides paid sick leave in accordance with all applicable state, federal, and local laws. Aya's general sick leave policy is that employees accrue one hour of paid sick leave for every 30 hours worked. However, to the extent any provisions of the statement above conflict with any applicable paid sick leave laws, the applicable paid sick leave laws are controlling
- Celebrations! We hit our goals and reward ourselves.
- Company-sponsored virtual events, happy hours and team-building activities are always on the horizon — plus, you get a special treat on your birthday!
- Unlimited DTO — we believe in time off!
- Virtual yoga, meditation or boot camp classes offered daily
Compensation: Aya reasonably anticipates the pay scale for this position to be an annual salary of $175,000 to $190,000.