Description:At UnitedHealthcare, we're simplifying the health care experience, creating healthier communities and removing barriers to quality care. The work you do here impacts the lives of millions of people for the better. Come build the health care system of tomorrow, making it more responsive, affordable and equitable. Ready to make a difference? Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
If you are located in the eastern United States, you will have the flexibility to work remotely* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Fostering and advancing key regulatory relationships with Departments of Insurance, other regulatory agencies, health insurance trade associations and industry members
- Proactively identifying and resolving legal and related matters impacting healthcare products
- Supporting product leadership in the development and delivery of new products, processes and initiatives
- Working in partnership with the Compliance and Market Conduct teams to resolve complaints, compliance issues, investigations and market conduct exams
- Assisting in the review, objections and approval of product form filings
- Collaborating with colleagues across the UnitedHealth Group legal department
- Possess solid verbal and written communication skills, sound judgment, and business instincts
- Ability to coordinate with others and operate in a matrixed environment
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Juris Doctorate degree
- Current license to practice law in state of residence
- 8+ years of professional experience as a licensed attorney
- Knowledge of state and federal health care, insurance, privacy and related laws
- Proven ability to build and maintain rapport with superiors, peers, subordinates and external company contacts
- Proven track record demonstrating the ability to make sound decisions regarding complex legal and corporate issues
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Work with a Fortune 5 organization that's serving millions of people as we transform health care with bold ideas. Bring your energy for driving change for the better. Help us improve health access and outcomes for everyone, as we work to advance health equity, connecting people with the care they need to feel their best. As an industry leader, our commitment to improving lives is second to none.
All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.