Description:Ready for a fresh start in 2023? Do you want to try cases? Feel stunted at your current Firm? Ambitious and driven, but longing for a way to make the practice of law a bit more exciting? Looking for an opportunity to reenergize, feel appreciated and advance your career?
Well, We're Looking for You!
Come join Roig's dynamic Legal Team. Our attorneys are at the center of our success and we pride ourselves on creating a culture that's fun, innovate and diverse. Flexible schedules, team work and cutting edge technology help us to efficiently manage cases and serve our clients. Don't miss a chance to find out why we were named the Sun-Sentinel's Top Midsize Workplace!
We are seeking an experienced first-chair trial lawyer to take a leadership role in our Insurance Defense Practice. If hired, you can expect to be given significant responsibility and have immediate involvement in all cases set for trial.
- Preparing for and trying numerous jury trials throughout Florida each year
- Qualified candidates will have experience taking and defending depositions, drafting and arguing dispositive motions, and preparing for arbitrations, mediations and trial
- Must be well versed in all phases of Litigation
- Minimum of 15 years of legal practice with demonstrable verdict experience within insurance defense
- First chair jury trial experience is required
- Responsible for representing the firm's clients after pre-suit and through the conclusion of the case, whether via settlement or trial
- Demonstrates the requisite trial advocacy skills independently as lead counsel, or as part of a team, demonstrates efficiency, proactive case management, work ethic, and work product quality to accurately and effectively handle all matters
- Work with associate attorneys assigned to the file on initial litigation plan, strategy conferences, etc.
- Review all documentary evidence
- Assist associates with preparation of witnesses and clients for depositions, mediations and trials including expert witnesses
- Conducts depositions and examinations under oath and prepares summary documents
- Prepares and conducts court appearances
- Provide legal opinions to clients
- Ideal candidates will have experience in first party property and liability matters. Please note that candidates must have significant first chair civil jury trial experience and be able to lead a team.
- Doctorate degree and member in good standing of FL State Bar
- Ability to travel
- Engages in complex legal practices and procedures throughout all court and agencies in the assigned jurisdiction.
- Highly effective and professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly collaborative, capable to work with staff and other attorneys on-site and remotely, as well as serving as a role model and mentor to other associates within the office
- Significant negotiation skills, ability to process information efficiently and effectively, excellent analytical and legal skills
- Resourceful, creative problem solver. Computer savvy with a solid understanding of basic software and use of same.
- Decision making ability to set work priorities and make recommendations. Ability to initiate, prioritize and coordinate complex projects and cases. Leadership skills used in direct and/or indirect influencing such as motivating, problem solving, business strengthening and development with colleagues and clients.